"Official"? Bionic battery life thread

69copo

Reaction score
Got the newest update and since my battery life has seemed to double. I'm running stock with JD Ultimate and ZDBox and that always helped but I can get a whole day of moderate to heavy usage out of a full charge now.

jwilly216

Reaction score
bens42608 said:
The battery situation of the Bionic is the reason I don't want to switch to gnex or the razrs. I got the perfect situation going on and I wouldn't change it. The Bionic runs awesome with .902 and my extended battery keeps me juiced up as long as i need b4 i get a chance to charge it again and just in case it does die because I used foxfi all day or something all I have to do is switch it out for one of my stock batteries that stay charged on my standalone battery charger. The naxx is awesome but even with that big battery, I'd drain it before the day is over and be SOL and the gnex is kinda cool but it looks awful with its extended battery which doesn't even hold enough juice. So right now, no phone has come out yet that can compete with my Bionic. One thing I do not understand is why the Razr gets ICS before us when the 2 phones are brothers and are basically the same.... But it's cool. I don't see the big deal about ICS except maybe the hardware acceleration and it might look cooler and I don't see how it could function any better than .902:lifting:

Exactly! I feel the same way. The bionic's extended battery is perfect and with Ics, battery life is really solid. Why does it say banned under your name?

bobbyp

Reaction score
I was running the. 2233 leak and I went back to. 902 then did the OTA to .905 I was going to flash the newest ICS leak tonight but after wiping my phone and reinstalling my apps my extended battery is just having an awesome day. After 9 hours of moderate heavy use I am still at 80% battery life. I don't think my battery has ever lasted this long. I calibrated the battery lastnight and my screen has been on quite a bit today just goofing off with the phone. Sort of makes me not want to flash ICS again

shadowsjc

Reaction score
Not sure what has happened over the past couple of days, but my battery life has improved TREMENDOUSLY. I'm on a stock, unrooted bionic with .905 OTA. I'm normally on wifi most of the day, but even on wifi, I would struggle to get more than a regular day without having to charge my phone. Over the past day or 2, I've had the phone unplugged from the early afternoon of one day, through the entire day, overnight, and I woke up the next day still with about 70% battery life left. This is with the stock battery, not extended.

The phone didn't get a ton of use, but in the past even with minimal usage the battery would steadily drain over the course of the day. I don't know if VZW changed something in my area, or if one of the apps I had installed automatically updated itself. In any case, I'm happy. dancedroid

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
a6f80095-1046-8e29.jpg

have never used my phone this little on a work day... hate busy days lol

extended battery... .901.... all internet was off most of the time since my service in the building is horrendous (for every phone)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

yellowrs999

Reaction score
I found that setting the phone on "maximum batter saver" I get it to last all day. Yes that means that I have to sometimes turn the screen on to get it to update, but with the factory battery, it does help. Some evening I plug my phone in and I still have 30-40% battery.

CaptainQuack

Reaction score
had my droid for a while. rooted and running Eclipse. I'm kinda a light user. about 8 email accounts and pollling every 15 minutes or so. most days no text. wifi on about half the time. use it to read kindle a lot. some days I get about 4 hours out of it. even some nights on airplane mode over night it will drop to 70%. the battery level just seems to drop as I watch. I had bought some after market extended batteries and they proved to be junk and are gone. I'm running the stock batteries and charge on in the phone and one in the charger. any ideas?

walkerstempe

Reaction score
Get the Verizon extended battery. Set you stock battery saver AP to maximum. You will be very happy. Minimum 12 hours out of mine with 30% remaining when I get home from work.

noogie186

Reaction score
bionic batt stuff

k, my 2 cents...i used the stock batt for a few days, but im an extended batt guy, no matter what phone i own...i upgrade asap. so i went with the verizon extended, which was not bad, usually a full day and a few hrs into the next, with reg usage..few calls, but mostly txt and not that much web. i have since picked up the mugen batt, (4000 something), and back cover...with reg usage, a full 2 days...charge every other day. this batt was about $80, but im very happy with it and will look to that brand if i pick up different phone in the future. sure, its thicker, but was very ez to get used to and causes no probs at all w me or how i use my phone. in fact, several others that have used it remark how it feels very solid and ez to handle, even though it's thicker and heavier.

kboggs123

Reaction score
i stream all day and it does not matter if i put a car battery on it it still goes down fast gets hot and pisses me off

CaptainQuack

Reaction score
I did do a battery level reset and that did seem to help a lot. but I might have screwed it up by doing it again with the seconds battery because now I'm back to where I started.

V3XED

Reaction score
So i have read through here. and see lots of people complaining about battery life. For me however, I usually get a minimum of 8 hours and more often than not at least 12. I have had it last more than two days in some situations.
I think the stock battery is great, and i would dread the thickness of an extended battery.

Looking forward to seeing some battery life increases on ICS! (i hope)

Settings:
usually 4g, sometimes ill drop it to 3g if i know im not doing anything data intensive.
Data disconnect when screen is off.
Low brightness (not all the way down though)
Stock processor speeds
quick screen timeout.

bionicDman

Reaction score
I had battery issues when i jumped to 246 via HoB. Played with smart actions, found it helped a lot, but it did not get me back to where i had been with 905. SamuriHL suggested an FDR, which i really didn't want to do, but after i did it, my battery life was much, much better after a couple of cycles - back to where it had been before ICS. I installed the data switch app from google play, and got into the habit of switching on wi-fi or data only when i turned on the screen, then turning it off when i was done. Smart actions can do this too, but i didn't always need data or wi-fi when i turned on the screen, so for me doing it manually was simple and easy, and it made a huge difference on battery life - from barely making it 8 hours, to going more than 24 hours, and still having 30% left on my battery. This worked for me, but do some research on what's involved with an FDR, and see if you're up to it. By the way, if you decide to do an FDR, app saver will allow you to save all your apps to your sd card and SMS backup+ will let you backup all your text messages to your google account. After the FDR you can reinstall your apps, and reload all your texts from google. Finally, look at your battery use in settings, and see if you have a particular app that seems to be consuming a lot of battery. Screen and Android OS should be the top two, then the others should be a good bit less. SamuriHL in his HoB FAQ listed a number of apps that he froze, and i found that disabling many if those apps helped me conserve battery life as well. Good luck!

Last edited:

jetguat

Reaction score
So i have read through here. and see lots of people complaining about battery life. For me however, I usually get a minimum of 8 hours and more often than not at least 12. I have had it last more than two days in some situations.
I think the stock battery is great, and i would dread the thickness of an extended battery.

Looking forward to seeing some battery life increases on ICS! (i hope)

Settings:
usually 4g, sometimes ill drop it to 3g if i know im not doing anything data intensive.
Data disconnect when screen is off.
Low brightness (not all the way down though)
Stock processor speeds
quick screen timeout.

where are the settings for "data disconnect when screen is off" and those for processor speeds? I see the auto setting and dim setting in the settings ->display. not sure about the others