Battery life issue after official ICS

deduct

Reaction score
That's why I deleted Facebook from my phone months ago. It wastes battery and time. Facebook is EVIL!!!

rumblee1

Reaction score
I've got the 2750 mah extended battery that used to get me thru a whole day. Now I've got to charge my phone at noon, on the way home, and while I ear supper. All since ics. That's ludicrous. And MY BIONIC IS SLOWER THAN KETCHUP COMING OUT OF AN EMPTY BOTTLE. THIS IS THE SECOND MOTOROLA PHONE I'VE OWNED THAT HAD A BAD REACTION TO A SYSTEM UPGRADE. SAME THING HAPPENED WITH MY DROID X GOING FROM FROYO TO GINGERBREAD. GOODBYE MOTOROLA, HELLO SAMMY. P. S., PLEASE DONT TELL ME
TO DO A FACTORY RESET. WHAT LITTLE TIME I HAVE, I'LL SAVE TO SET UP MY GALAXY NOTE 2.

rumblee1

Reaction score
Guess you didn't read may article in full. I don't have the time to do a factory reset and then set it up the way I want. I'll save that time for my upgrade in a couple of weeks. I'm going over to samsung. I've talked with many Sammy owners that don't have these issues when they get an upgrade.

shadowsjc

Reaction score
Guess you didn't read may article in full. I don't have the time to do a factory reset and then set it up the way I want. I'll save that time for my upgrade in a couple of weeks. I'm going over to samsung. I've talked with many Sammy owners that don't have these issues when they get an upgrade.

you don't have time to do a factory reset and then set it up the way that you want, so you will go out and get a new phone that you will then have to set up the way that you want. :blink:

rumblee1

Reaction score
Another reason why Is because I was told to do a fdr on my droidX when I had the exact same problems with the gingerbread update and it wouldn't go past the "call to activate" screen. That's why I got the bionic.

markwebb

Reaction score
rumblee1 said:

Fyi.. I have a Samsung galaxy s3 and don't even get a full day out of it even with most things turned off. My bionic goes slightly further.

shawn4057

Reaction score
battery life

I officially give up.in my book ics sucks.all everybody keeps saying is to disable this uninstall that.well I've done
It all.my battery is still junk.4 to 5 hours per charge.I had double that
Before the update without any work.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I officially give up.in my book ics sucks.all everybody keeps saying is to disable this uninstall that.well I've done

You didn't mention a FDR -- did you try that? Seems to work for most people.

galactichero

Reaction score

have you tried using House of Bionic to go back? maybe you can find somewhere someone uploaded the old firmware.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
have you tried using House of Bionic to go back? maybe you can find somewhere someone uploaded the old firmware.

If by "go back" you mean go back to Gingerbread, it's not possible and will brick your phone. The security changed with version 235. No builds above that can revert to an earlier build, including the ICS OTA which is 246.

Fytech

Reaction score
My battery life is good again

Hi all. Thanks for the good advice for restoring my battery longevity after the ICS update. Clearing the cache didn't help so I did a factory data reset and retrained my battery software as described (drain, power off, charge, repeat). Now my battery is working about the same as it did pre-ICS if not better thanks to some of the smart actions.

Thanks again,
Dan