Official Battery Life thread

mash0743

Reaction score
I haven't had the same luck as you guys but I put on a minimum of 5000 minutes a month. That's somewhere between 2.5-3 hours daily plus an average of 25 texts daily. I'm not a big internet user, about 2 TV monthly. The battery will generally last about 7-8 hours without a charge in-between. Any suggestions as how to increase it?

Caesars

Reaction score
If you're not doing a lot of web browsing, id recommend 3g only.
Return of the Android

greyghost04

Reaction score
I haven't had the same luck as you guys but I put on a minimum of 5000 minutes a month. That's somewhere between 2.5-3 hours daily plus an average of 25 texts daily. I'm not a big internet user, about 2 TV monthly. The battery will generally last about 7-8 hours without a charge in-between. Any suggestions as how to increase it?

3 hours a day is a lot of power. 8 hours battery life is pretty good.

rmaxx

Reaction score
hi all, new one here. Just bought my new Razr Maxx (European). It came with ICS (out of the box) and after a week of usage I must say I am impressed, especially with the battery to screen-on time ratio. see screenshots below. These represent the use of the phone over the last charge, with the following statistics: calls ~30 minutes, sms ~20, gps/bluetooth - off, network 2g mostly, wifi on most of the time, screen set to auto brightness. No smart actions, no root. Most use comes from web browsing, email checking/syncing, occasional pictures and simple, non-intensive games/trying of new apks. All social networking things are disabled, as well as some of the preinstalled apks that I don't need. Had Motorola Defy before, but this one is way more impressive, at least for me.
View attachment 58659View attachment 58660View attachment 58661View attachment 58662

Last edited:

valglbgl

Reaction score
I got a replacement phone because of a screen issue in my last MAXX. See my battery usage this am. I usually get 12 hours or more but it is concerning that I am already at 80% battery with short time frame. I have done some updates and cruised facebook and that's it.