Official Battery Life thread

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
OK guys, time to brag or whine. Let's hear some real reports of the battery life on the Maxx. I say we just dub this phone "the RM". Please indicate some of the more important settings you are using: screen brightness, talk time, 3G all the time, 4G all the time, mixed 3G/4G, approximate hours of data/internet usage per charge cycle, etc.
This is the most distinguishing characteristic of this phone so let's see if it lives up to the promises. Hopefully it does.

DIESEL-USMC

Reaction score
I'm interested as well. Just bought a Razr not a bad battery life.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

msblueline

Reaction score
As of this post I have used 5 hrs 12 min and 36 sec.

Minimal internet usage, a few phone calls, this forum site, the market, twitter, only using 3G, 4G is turned off.

I an down to 70% of my battery.

I also believe in the beginning, the more it's used and charged the more it will last. It needs to go through it's breaking in cycle for it's maximum hold.

It might even bee to early to tell usage just a day after, but I will check back periodically and post my results good or bad.

msblueline

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

buckfill

Reaction score
8.5 hours and at 80%

This is such a tough question because everyone uses it differently. Battery life makes up about 90% of my reasoning to get this phone over anything else. My job just doesn't allow me to keep plugging in. I texted pretty heavy today(>50). Approx 30 minutes of voice... The voice quality by the way is very good. I have zero complaints with loudness/quality. Lots of email on two different accounts (Gmail and Exchange 2007). Really no web other than to show a co-worker the phone and how nice the big screen is.

I'm pretty pleased as it is nearing beer-thirty here in Nebraska and I will be strolling into the bar with 80% battery life since unplugging at 730am. Impressive.

So far... NO regrets. It's a great phone.

msblueline

Reaction score
I'm at 9 hours and 45 minutes as off this post and at 50% battery left. So, I should get another 9 hours and 45 minutes out of it which gives me just over 19 hours before needing a charge. I'm happy...

msblueline

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Guys for the first week your battery life is NOT indicative of the battery life you will see. It WILL get better. You will love it. If I'm happy with my battery life, you guys will be doing backflips over yours :nerd: Your first week is a wash so don't expect anything great.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
As soon as I get my hands on one I plan to give it a full shakedown. Screen on full brightness, GPS and 4G on all day and no putting it in airplane mode while working like I have to do now. Full on battery destruction mission.

Tap'd from my G'Nex

Hockey

Reaction score
Used it and downloaded everything and played with a few things when I got it without charging it. Got it down to about 30%. Been on the charger for about a hour, and it's at 90%. Once charged, I'm going to run it down completely. I work 3rd shift tonight so we'll see. I know it usually takes a few days of running battery down and recharging to see it's full effects but this will be close enough

listenman20

Reaction score
My son got his last night we rooted it and froze some bloat and pretty much played with it for like 5 hours getting all his apps and settings to where he wanted it and it got down to 15%. Charged it last night and used it today just like he would've used his X. It's been off charger for nearly 12 hours. He just reported to me that's its only down to 70%. On his X he'd usually be down to 30-20%. 3g only (no 4G service here) gps off, moderate usage for a 19 yr old. And like it's been said.... It'll only get better. Well until it gets worse... Lol.

faded1

Reaction score
Got mine last night, gave it an overnight charge. Took off the charger at 0630. Began heavy use at approximately 0800. Turned wifi on (even though no wifi service at work), turned 4g on, and turned brightness up to 90. Almost 2 hours call time, About 25 texts, very heavy internet use, and screen on almost non stop. At 2pm I had ran it down to 20 percent, however, I cannot overstate how much I abused the battery today, purposely. I came from using a Droid 2, which under the same use was dead by 1130am. This phone under normal use will last me all day and not recharged before going to bed. Hope this helps.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx

miltk

Reaction score
got my maxx today and this is my first time with this type of battery chewer-upper. i've had the OG droid up until today. so it sounds like i shouldn't expect the best battery performance for now. but some questions anyway.....

so they say this maxx should give you a round trip gps nav from LA > vegas > LA, that's 10hrs of gps. seeing as how i'm in new york and have no car, i have to try other things. how much netflix streaming should i expect from a maxxed-out Rmaxx on 3g/4g lte?

Last edited:

msblueline

Reaction score
got my maxx today and this is my first time with this type of battery chewer-upper. i've had the OG droid up until today. so it sounds like i shouldn't expect the best battery performance for now. but some questions anyway.....

so they say this maxx should give you a round trip gps nav from LA > vegas > LA, that's 10hrs of gps. seeing as how i'm in new york and have no car, i have to try other things. how much netflix streaming should i expect from a maxxed-out Rmaxx on 3g/4g lte?

They said six movies back to back.

Had mine in battery for 15 hours 7 min. it's at 40% right now. I don't want it to drain completely. Even though it's only going to get better I am happy with it at this level off usage. Don't have to worry about battery drain through the day.

Look at my other posts with the times and drainage throughout the day. Get an idea of just today.

msblueline

Papa_T

Reaction score
After 15.5 hours of moderate use, i'm sitting at 30%.