n00b.
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I want an NC.... :D

Riley

Reaction score
I have a Nook Color and after a week or two rooted it. Opens up a lot more options for it, plus I lost none of the stock B&N features or UI for that matter. I primarily bought it as an e-reader, but with root, left the stock launcher, and installed Zeam so I could setup some stuff like my Droid with widgets and stuff. Sometimes it's just nicer to look at my NC than the small Droid screen. :)

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
NOoooo!!! I just got wife permission to buy it tonight, only to find that the deal was over at 8am and not 8pm!!! NOOOooooooo!!!!!

pjo1966

Reaction score
I have a Nook Color and after a week or two rooted it. Opens up a lot more options for it, plus I lost none of the stock B&N features or UI for that matter. I primarily bought it as an e-reader, but with root, left the stock launcher, and installed Zeam so I could setup some stuff like my Droid with widgets and stuff. Sometimes it's just nicer to look at my NC than the small Droid screen. :)

Do all rooting methods leave the stock B&N features and UI? If not, which method did you use?

Riley

Reaction score

Do all rooting methods leave the stock B&N features and UI? If not, which method did you use?

One I first tired did not. So I restored back to stock, updated from B&N site to 1.1 and then used Auto-Nooter 3.00 with no issues. Yes there are a few quirks regardless if you read up on XDA, but all the stock features are retained.

pjo1966

Reaction score
Another newbie question: I know that when rooting I need a Gmail account. On my Droid my primary email is a Google account with my domain. Can I use that as my primary email address to root a nook? And a follow up question: will market recognize the paid apps associated with that account?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

urklegrue

Reaction score
Another newbie question: I know that when rooting I need a Gmail account. On my Droid my primary email is a Google account with my domain. Can I use that as my primary email address to root a nook? And a follow up question: will market recognize the paid apps associated with that account?

Yes, you use the same account that's on your Droid, and the Market knows that you paid for apps (so you don't have to pay for them again).

pjo1966

Reaction score

Yes, you use the same account that's on your Droid, and the Market knows that you paid for apps (so you don't have to pay for them again).

I can't tell you how happy that makes me. Oh yeah, I can... dancedroid

Our Nooks are sitting in a UPS sorting facility less than two miles from here. They're not scheduled for delivery until Monday and UPS won't let me pick them up today.

Last edited:

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org

I can't tell you how happy that makes me. Oh yeah, I can... dancedroid

Our Nooks are sitting in a UPS sorting facility less than two miles from here. They're not scheduled for delivery until Monday and UPS won't let me pick them up today.

Who did you ask if you could pick them up? Corporate or the local sorting facility? Corporate has a canned "no" answer for that but the local office can work with you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
While there aren't a plethora of solid (mostly stable) custom roms, phiremod beta 2 runs better on my phone then the stock b&n 2.1 software. There are a couple framework issues (some black on black text, but still legible), but overall its a great rom...and the best part is that you can flash it through regular clockwork to rather than through a burned SD card clockwork img.

pjo1966

Reaction score
No luck, but our cases have arrived via USPS.

!CFywfcwBmk~$(KGrHqQOKjoE0bpp9RZjBNWK!fEvBw~~0_3.JPG
nookcolorpurpleopen.jpg

I think mine might be going back (the green one). I like how the purple one surrounds the entire Nook, as opposed to just grabbing it on the corners. Also, the purple one has holes in the back over the speaker. I'm going to wait until I actually have the NC in hand to make up my mind.

Last edited:

lyam

Reaction score
Nook color feels and looks cheap

..snipped...

I know that's your opinion and all.. but looks and feels cheap? Really? I have the exact opposite impression. I find it to have a unique and stylish design and a solid heft with well put-together parts that gives it a very solid feel.