Nook Color or Galaxy Tab for 299?

Smolder

Reaction score
No, flash player is not usable due to version of android. I used the nookdevs rooting process, which is not compatible w/ flash player. Hopefully someone else has/will address this issue. If someone already has, I would appreciate any info available.

urklegrue

Reaction score
Flash works with Nookie Froyo but not the basic stock rooting process which is only Android 2.1.

Tepes

Reaction score
Does anybody know if it runs as a dual boot? What I'm wondering is once you root and install honeycomb on the nook, do you lose the native ereader capabilities?
P.s. sorry to thread jack :)

Sent from my Hitchhiker's Guide

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
Does anybody know if it runs as a dual boot? What I'm wondering is once you root and install honeycomb on the nook, do you lose the native ereader capabilities?

There are dual boot ROMs out there but I just keep CM7 on it and use the Nook (or Kindle) app from the market to read.

Tepes

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. Looks like we're getting a NC :)

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score

darkmatter

Reaction score

thing is. when you root and honeycomb it, it basically becomes a Kindle and Nook...and Aldiko and whatever other readers are on the market.

I have a 3rd gen kindle, and that will remain my e reader of choice, but I just ordered a nook color. For reading though, I don't think any tablet can ever approach a dedicated e reader, unless you don't mind a bit of eye strain.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm thinking I might give the NC a run... I would like to have a tablet but don't really NEED one so the price point is good for me... plus it'd give me something new to root :)

pjo1966

Reaction score
Ordered 2 Nooks yesterday through the B&N eBay deal. For those looking to buy more than one, you need separate eBay and PayPal accounts for each Nook purchased. The $50 off is 1 per customer.

I don't know yet if I'm going to have the balls to root it. I'll probably stick with stock for now.

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
It is so worth the risk. Root gives you a faster tab than the Galaxy Tab. And you can always flash it back to stock.

Sent from my NookColor using DroidForums App

urklegrue

Reaction score
It is so worth the risk. Root gives you a faster tab than the Galaxy Tab. And you can always flash it back to stock.

I agree. I sat on mine for about a week before I took the plunge and rooted it. So worth it!

Smolder

Reaction score
It really doesn't take balls to do it. Nookdevs web site has very easy explicit, easy to follow instructions on how to do it. 15 minutes and your all set. As said before, it is so worth it.

darkmatter

Reaction score
Also, it can boot off sd card, right? so no chance at all of bricking it?