Nook Color or Galaxy Tab for 299?

darkmatter

Reaction score
Yea, nook color is pretty solid. In fact, that was the first thing my girlfriend said when she handled it.

Consider that no money is wasted in manufacture with cameras, 3g, vibration etc. Instead, the quality of nook color comes through with a solid build and fantastic screen. I'm very happy with my nook color. I'll be even happier when I find a rom I like and do the ad hoc hack so I can wireless tether with my droid.
Though auto nooter with adw launcher isn't too bad, there's a few quirks I can't figure out yet.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Go with phiremod beta 2, i tether it to my droid all the time

pjo1966

Reaction score
Ever since i rooted my nook, my Droid seems so tiny when i go to use it. :D

I love the nook and am so glad i rooted.

Sent from my Nook Color using DroidForums App

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
Ever since i rooted my nook, my Droid seems so tiny when i go to use it. :D

I love the nook and am so glad i rooted.

Sent from my Nook Color using DroidForums App

I agree, I love this thing!

Sent from my NookColor using DroidForums App

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
Go with phiremod beta 2, i tether it to my droid all the time

Hmm, phiremod has ad-hoc tethering built in? I couldn't get the hack to work on cm7. Might have to give that rom a try.

Sent from my NookColor using DroidForums App

raidzero

n00b.
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I bought a nook color this weekend. Yesterday I bought a gtab for $15 more than I paid for the nook... nook is lacking hardware acceleration :/ so menus and stuff arent very smooth for me. Then again, I am way critical when it comes to operational smoothness...

the nook is an angry birds monster, and the DF app is great on it.

Detonation

Reaction score
I bought a nook color this weekend. Yesterday I bought a gtab for $15 more than I paid for the nook... nook is lacking hardware acceleration :/ so menus and stuff arent very smooth for me. Then again, I am way critical when it comes to operational smoothness...

I did the exact same thing. Had bought a nook last sunday, but then saw the gTab on Woot for nearly the same price and bought that. Going to be restoring my Nook back to stock and returning it.

raidzero

n00b.
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I did the exact same thing. Had bought a nook last sunday, but then saw the gTab on Woot for nearly the same price and bought that. Going to be restoring my Nook back to stock and returning it.
haha, I got mine on woot also. I wont be returning the nook though. I have never used woot before so I was a bit wary but in the end I went for it. It was a killer deal.

Detonation

Reaction score

haha, I got mine on woot also. I wont be returning the nook though. I have never used woot before so I was a bit wary but in the end I went for it. It was a killer deal.

Ive bought a bunch it stuff from woot before, they are definitely legit. I am gonna miss honeycomb though, its runs pretty well on the nook. And i hope the screen isnt *that* bad on the gtab...the nook has an awesome screen

Sent from my HC Nook Color

darkmatter

Reaction score

Ive bought a bunch it stuff from woot before, they are definitely legit. I am gonna miss honeycomb though, its runs pretty well on the nook. And i hope the screen isnt *that* bad on the gtab...the nook has an awesome screen

Sent from my HC Nook Color

I want an opinion on screen differences b/w g tab and nook, so let us know :)