No signs of downloading update after I start the download

stinger1991

Reaction score
-I posted this in Tech Support and "Motorola Droid Bionic" because I wasn't sure where to put this

When I pressed Download Now when the notification for ICS, I see no signs of the update being downloaded. Noting in the notifications curtain, no progress bars, nothing.

When I go to Settings>About Phone>System Update, it says the update is being downloaded.

I am on WiFi if that is important, and I have 100% signal as well

please tell me if this is normal, I haven't downloaded an update for this thing in forever :p

Thanks so much.

OP
S

stinger1991

Reaction score
-I posted this in Tech Support and "Motorola Droid Bionic" because I wasn't sure where to put this

When I pressed Download Now when the notification for ICS, I see no signs of the update being downloaded. Noting in the notifications curtain, no progress bars, nothing.

When I go to Settings>About Phone>System Update, it says the update is being downloaded.

I am on WiFi if that is important, and I have 100% signal as well

please tell me if this is normal, I haven't downloaded an update for this thing in forever :p

Thanks so much.

gbdog

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing so I restarted the phone and it took right off.

gbdog

Reaction score
restart the phone, that should start the download.

linux83

Reaction score
mine did the same thing. I waited an hour and just did a factory reset and it worked.

jcblackmon

Reaction score
I have the same issue, phone indicates download is in process when I select search for upgrades. There is no indication ANYTHING is happening, at I started the download over an hour ago. I am on Wifi as well and have powered on and off, nothing changed. Any help???

motterman

Reaction score
Same here, so I restarted the phone. It now says "download paused, will resume shortly". Tried turning off and on wifi, disabling 4G and re-enabling. Turned wifi back off and set it somewhere where it can get clear 4G again and am letting it sit for an hour or so and will check on it... "a watched pot never boils" etc.

jcblackmon

Reaction score
Finally worked, turned off the phone and popped out the battery for a bit...got it all installed, liking ICS so far.

motterman

Reaction score
Same here, so I restarted the phone. It now says "download paused, will resume shortly". Tried turning off and on wifi, disabling 4G and re-enabling. Turned wifi back off and set it somewhere where it can get clear 4G again and am letting it sit for an hour or so and will check on it... "a watched pot never boils" etc.

Well, it now says 6% so I know it's not "stuck" but to say that 6% in just over an hour is not very encouraging...

motterman

Reaction score
Well, it now says 6% so I know it's not "stuck" but to say that 6% in just over an hour is not very encouraging...

Came back after going to some meetings at work. Seems like the downloading completed and the instal/upgrade is proceeding as well...