Droid wont do system update

praw0jazdy

Reaction score
EDIT.Got into recovery. update.zip will not install. going to wipe data, wipe cache and wipe baseband. will report back shortly.

Last edited:

praw0jazdy

Reaction score
So I wiped the phone. Rebooted, went to recovery and applied the update. It got farther then it ever did before but still failed. Factory resetting from privacy and will wait until an update is pushed to see if the OTA works.

By the way, when I hold X and power, I get the triangle with exclamation. Holding Up on the volume and pushing the camera button got me into recovery.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Ok, sounds like it is something to do with the bootloader or something. I believe at this point your gonna need to SBF the phone. I will be more then happy to help ya out with this. I have all the files and can send them to you through msn live messenger. Please send me a PM if ya can't find my Screenname in my profile and will send it to ya! Also we can just try the full Master OTA first to see if that fixes the issue, but the file is too large to post on here. Or you can download from the following location:

http://ted.servepics.com/nap/droid/9046f5a3ec09.signed-voles-ota-45394.zip

praw0jazdy

Reaction score
Thanks KaosMaster, but I guess she has decided to put up with the update push until she is eligible for an upgrade. After factory resetting/wiping cache etc... the phone at least 3 times over the last 24 hours, she just wants to set up the phone and make it hers. The phone works and is very solid, it's just the updates that have become annoying.

It seemed that in the year I had it, I was eligible for an upgrade twice since signing the new 2 year agreement on February 9th of 2010 when I get the device. I don't know if this is because Verizon wants to keep themselves fresh in my mind, or wants the Droid off my plan, but I find it odd that I was eligible for an upgrade twice within a year. I finally acted this past week when they notified me of the second upgrade eligibility.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Thanks KaosMaster, but I guess she has decided to put up with the update push until she is eligible for an upgrade. After factory resetting/wiping cache etc... the phone at least 3 times over the last 24 hours, she just wants to set up the phone and make it hers. The phone works and is very solid, it's just the updates that have become annoying.
Well, to be honest if you spent just like 1-1 1/2 hours reflashing and updating her droid would be better then ever! But it is her choice! :)

IF you decide you want to...i can send you all the files you will need to redo the phone...just send me a message on messenger! :)