Maps never updates

sukayser

Reaction score
My husband and I have identical Droids, purchased together 9 months ago. Mine has been giving me regular update notifications, which I install, and my Maps module is presently up to version 4.6.0. His has given him system updates, which he has installed, which puts us both at System 2.2 and no more updates available, according to the phones. But his Maps app has never updated (and no notifications have appeared), and it is still at the version 4.3.1 it had when we bought the phones.

How do we get the new version on his phone?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Go to the Market and download the latest Google Maps. You don't have to wait for notifications.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My husband and I have identical Droids, purchased together 9 months ago. Mine has been giving me regular update notifications, which I install, and my Maps module is presently up to version 4.6.0. His has given him system updates, which he has installed, which puts us both at System 2.2 and no more updates available, according to the phones. But his Maps app has never updated (and no notifications have appeared), and it is still at the version 4.3.1 it had when we bought the phones.

How do we get the new version on his phone?

Have him go into the settings/applications/manage applications/all applications/market. Clear both data and cache. Then see if the update isn't available. Do the search on Market, it should so update available.

mat4ov

Reaction score
You could try having him go to the market and go to his downloads page (press menu and then downloads). From there if you scroll to maps then it should say there's an update available. He just needs to tap and install and that should take care of it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You could try having him go to the market and go to his downloads page (press menu and then downloads). From there if you scroll to maps then it should say there's an update available. He just needs to tap and install and that should take care of it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

If it doesn't say update available then you do need to clean out your Market app as I suggested. Otherwise you will not receive future updates.

OP
S

sukayser

Reaction score
Got new maps!

Thanks!

I had already gone into Manage Apps/All/Maps/Clear Data, Cache, Force Stop and then restarted, but this time I went into Markets rather than Maps to Clear Data, etc. Then I restarted the Droid, went back into Manage Apps/All/ Market, located Google Maps and installed it. His phone is now up to date.

Any ideas why previously Maps never showed an update available? I'd prefer not to have to do his updates manually from now on :)