Nexus vs Rezound

quadrant isn't updated to ICS yet so the numbers will be low for the Nexus

People keep argueing the ics thing when quadrant hasn't had an update since feb 1, 2011. Gingerbread wasn't even out yet.

CF-Bench and nenamark and antutu are best. Vellamo for web benchmark is a good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit, I'm slowly considering returning the Nexus for the Rezound. Just seems like the Rezound might be marginally better (it WILL get ICS, and should be unlocked soon enough). If the Rezound gets cracked by the holiday return (Jan 9?), I might go that route. More storage capacity and better camera (?) would give it a slight edge.

Don't forget the better music. =D That's really the reason I got it. You will NEVER see me without my headphones unless I'm sleeping, eating, bathing, or working. Haha. Well, that's a little bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea. It sucks that the Beats Audio doesn't kick in when you use 3rd party music apps, but it's something I can look past.

I have to admit, I'm slowly considering returning the Nexus for the Rezound. Just seems like the Rezound might be marginally better (it WILL get ICS, and should be unlocked soon enough). If the Rezound gets cracked by the holiday return (Jan 9?), I might go that route. More storage capacity and better camera (?) would give it a slight edge.

You can't go wrong with either one. I have both and so far I prefer my rezound. I really like the turn google has made with ICS but I prefer everything else of the rezound.

Yeah, Beats too. I'm not real particular about my music apps, so I'd be fine with that. Thing is, I can only give the Rezound a fairly marginal edge in a few categories (and I don't really use my camera hardly at all) and that's only if it gets unlocked. Unforunately that's the dilemma we all have with a market that's basically a commodity now and mfrs making one-size-fits-all and managing to be perfect for no one.

Maybe I'm not seeing things clearly, but I really don't see many areas at ALL where the Nexus is better. I know that clock speed isn't everything, but it has to count for something.. and the same resolution on a slightly smaller screen is better, I think. I want a phone, not a tablet. Better sound quality, better camera, and I don't think thinness is a good thing past a certain point. So what if it's a little thinner? I love the way the Rezound fits in my hand, and it still slides comfortably into my pocket even with the Otter Box case I have for it.

I was really on the fence when it came to Rezound vs Nexus... I finally went with the Nexus because of the size of the screen, which really does make a difference for a lot of activities (especially watching video), and the fact that it's a Nexus, which means it will be supported practically forever, plus any software problems it has will be ironed out by the massive dev community following it will have even if google doesn't do quite what I want with them.

The Rezound has better hardware in my opinion, but the Nexus will make up for it in the software and support department. I am not 100% sure I made the right decision. The Rezound's camera is astonishingly good, and the screen offers unquestionably superior image quality. However from playing with both they are pretty equivalent speed wise and it's hard to appreciate how much better the Rezound's screen is unless you hold it less than a foot from your face, which I have been known to do, but not often. In the end I have until January 15th to decide if I want to stick with the Nexus, and if I am not completely addicted when the time comes I can always swap it out for the Rezound, LG's upcoming offering, or whatever other shiny new toy comes along.

Just can't get around to stomaching the Rezound. Sense just feels so cluttered and dated compared to the sleekness of ICS

I'm assuming as an HTC phone that even when the RZ gets ICS, it will still have Sense slapped over top, ugh

Quadrant should TOTALLY be the deciding factor when deciding on a phone....especially if you are signing a 2 year agreement.....TOTALLY:icon_rolleyes::r_c:

Since quadrant isn't udpated for ICS I would compare the Rezound score to the Razr (as the Razr and Nexus have very similar CPU). So that will give a better comparison between actual hardware. At least until quadrant is udpated for ICS.

I think most folks here are in their grace period with the Nexus. So, anyone who wishes to return it and get a Rezound are free to do so.

When I bought my GNex, I fully intended (and still do) to give it a good week to 10 days of trial, and if I didnt like I would get the Rezound. I am 99% sure that I will be keeping the GN, but the option is there.

The rezound looks badass. The screen by all accounts is right there with the Nex, and the specs are real close. I just like the fact that the Nexus will always be the spoiled child of Google and that means all issues that can be addressed, will be addressed and quickly. Not to mention being in the front of the line for updates. That is a pretty nice feature.

All that said, my wife is due her NE2 upgrade and we are deciding what to get her. I am leaning toward a Rezound for her, but am also considering an IPhone due to its simple, easy nature. She doesnt tinker with phones and only needs basic services and reliability, so that is why the Iphone is in play. But still will probably go Rezound.

Do a browser benchmark. Google it. I got 90k on my nexus and 100k on the transformer. 20k on my TB.

If the Rezound were to be rooted an unlocked, I'd have to seriously consider switching. Not because the GNex isn't a great phone, but just because the Rezound gets the edge for camera and up to 48gigs of storage (well, 43 usable).

Would really like to put the Rezound thru its paces with ICS because that would be critical as well. I actually don't mind capacitative buttons, and find the GNex software keys about tough to use at times.

Rezound - Has Sense which I detest. Has a decent screen but I actually prefer the Nexus. It's over twice as thick as the GNex. As far as pictures I cannot complain at all about the Nexus camera - the pictures I've been taking have been fantastic.

I also hate the way the Rezound looks with the ugly red accents.

I would still pick the RAZR or the Bionic over it personally but I think the Gnex kicks ass.

Back