Here you go RAZR-bashers and Rezound-pushers...eat my dust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

soops

Reaction score
ok i understand your point well taken. Plus this thread was created within Razr forum. I know there are quite a few people who sort of came across the same way when making comparison to gnex.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
Wow......lots of OVERLY SENSITIVE people. Lmfao my phone is better....... wa :(...... ban him :(......waaaaaa

busab

Reaction score
My point, exactly. I'm just am sick of people bashing the RAZR (and for that matter all other phones) all the time. To put it bluntly, every phone has its pros and cons. Why it has to be a competition all the time is what has me miffed. I have been defending the RAZR (to this point) without bashing anyone else's phone but I wanted to see how the trolls would respond if I took the aggressive position. I am happy to see they're paying attention.

Idk why it has to be a competition all the time. I guess people just like to justify their purchase?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

mzjin

Reaction score
I hate this POS Razr and I have 2 more days before I return it! Woohoo!

Yea it's going to be Gnex or iPhone.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
And a phone with a 1280x720 screen has 921,600 pixels to manipulate. A qHD screen is 960x540, or 518,400 pixels. Reality is that it takes alot more horsepower and memory bandwith to refresh a 720p screen. And though you minimize it, the difference in resolution is noticable in everyday use, not only under a jeweler's loupe.

I agree that I was harsh, but I did it to prove a point. Bashing in any form is infantile and I admit that I (knowingly) bashed the HTC, but only to prove my point.

As for benchmarks, when comparing one off-the-shelf device against another they are quite effective. I don't care what benchmark it is, if one device performs better using any benchmark over the other device, that's a representation of how much better it will perform when doing similar functions with real-world applications. Your saying a benchmark is useless is like saying that if I run Firefox on one device and it performs better than it does on another, it means nothing. If they are useless, why does everyone reviewing them use them?

Very good, you are (obviously) right. The number of pixels on the higher resolution screen results in more clock cycles of the graphics and main processors certainly. As for the difference in visible resolution, with the size of the screens being essentially the same, it's very difficult to detect by most, if at all.

At some point, there is redundancy in a real world scenario with the resolution for most, and it becomes a matter of what is more visually appealing. I've seen people sit in front of their pixelated computer displays with dot pitches of .28mm and complain about the displays on their phones with dot pitches less than half that. Lay your phone against your monitor screen and tell me it's not more fluid and free of any evidence of pixels or "looking through a screen" than the monitor.

Oh, sorry for the Dr. poke. It was perhaps distasteful, but I have a thing about people using monikers that imply any superiority, unless they truly earn them.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow......lots of OVERLY SENSITIVE people. Lmfao my phone is better....... wa :(...... ban him :(......waaaaaa

Yea I've been here for along time and people didn't used to start crap like this. We used to get real information and make friends at droidforums.net. This thread was created with no other intention but to create a flame up. The OP singled out one specific phone and went on BS info and started a rant. I don't think there is one mod out there that will disagree with me on this.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
ok i understand your point well taken. Plus this thread was created within Razr forum. I know there are quite a few people who sort of came across the same way when making comparison to gnex.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Exactly my point. At least some get the irony of it. I posted it HERE for a reason. I am not trolling on the Rezound (or other phone) threads and dumping on them, but they're here in droves.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yea I've been here for along time and people didn't used to start crap like this. We used to get real information and make friends at droidforums.net. This thread was created with no other intention but to create a flame up. The OP singled out one specific phone and went on BS info and started a rant. I don't think there is one mod out there that will disagree with me on this.

Again, perhaps you don't get it...I posted HERE, not on the Rezound thread. If I really wanted to "create a flame up", wouldn't it have been more effective if I have done it on the Rezound thread? If I was trying to do anything, it was to point out all the senselessness in this. I am so sick of people bashing one phone over the other. If someone who loves the Rezound (or any other phone for that matter) is trolling and dumping on the RAZR here, don't you have to wonder why?

smokiedabong

Reaction score
It's funny to see how upset people get when they get a little backlashing of their own bashing (you are a case in point from past posts). After all the RAZR bashing I'd seen, I was doing that post for one reason. To see what kind of responses I'd get.

And how is this bashing me ? I couldn't care less cause I own neither one of these phones . I spent extensive time with both though and none impressed me , but if I have to decide , Rezound is clearly a better phone .

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
And how is this bashing me ? I couldn't care less cause I own neither one of these phones . I spent extensive time with both though and none impressed me , but if I have to decide , Rezound is clearly a better phone .

Personal preference, point taken.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[h=2]Here you go RAZR-bashers and Rezound-pushers...eat my dust![/h]
Doesn't matter where you post a threat like this, it shows up on the main page and this is what you get. You can't tell me that with a title like that, that you aren't just trying to start some arguments.

OP
FoxKat

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Here you go RAZR-bashers and Rezound-pushers...eat my dust!

Doesn't matter where you post a threat like this, it shows up on the main page and this is what you get. You can't tell me that with a title like that, that you aren't just trying to start some arguments.

If they're not out there bashing, why would they care? Their bashing posts show up on the main thread too, no matter what forum they're on, but they come here to bash. To answer your question, no I wasn't trying to start arguments. I've heard far worse said between friends and it didn't incite the kind of anger and backlash that happened here. The fact it happened is exactly my point.

satarecah

Reaction score
We are all suppose to be droid brethren hating on the iphone not each other wheres the love?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Every phone has its pros and cons. People have different preferrences so views will vary. What's good for one might not be for the next guy/gal.

I feel that this thread has run its course... Arguments will continue if left opened and I see no reason for it to go on.

Closed.

Have a good evening ladies and gents.
-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.