My Nexus vs Razr vs Rezound review.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
On mine I just installed scotts senseless rom with go launcher ics. Seems to be much better.

Yeah, I'm going to install the senseless rom today if I get to it. Then I delete the default and so have just my sweeterhome launcher.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
the simultaneous voice and data over 3G with the rezound is nice... i RARELY found myself using it but when I did it was super convenient

x25064

Reaction score
For a casual user I'd go Rezound. It's really a sleeper phone right now, best screen, best GPU, best camera, feels good in hand despite being fairly large and a lot of people unfamiliar with android seem to like Sense UI as well.

Certainly NOT the best screen.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
screen preference is just that a preference.. The rezound is more realistic and smooth looking but it is hard to read in bright light.. the nexus screen is easy to read in the sunlight but it looses some of it's contrast and color saturation when you drop the brightness down lower.. just like the phones both screens have "flaws" and at first I kinda missed the rezound screen but i am liking the nexus screen now..

isn't nice to have these choices where really you can't go wrong with either of these phones :biggrin:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Certainly NOT the best screen.

I just meant highest PPI. I prefer my Nexus screen, but HTC did a good job with their screen this time, have to give credit where it's due.

pjniez

Reaction score
Very good review. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I like the Resound for the reasons that you stated plus i've heard that it seems to have better reception than the other two.

Thanks again!

Sent from my MZ617 using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
What a totally worthless and bias review do u even have the phones what a wast of a read.. Lol gotcha im just joking nice job and very informative the phone breakdown at the end was perfect! vzw finally has a phone for everyone i do feel the rezound has the best screen i hate amoleds they look so bad to me..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Excellent reviews. They really are all great phones.

I loved the big screen on the Nexus, but the phone was a bit too big for me. The Rezound screen really is incredible, but if you use your phone outside a lot that could be a major factor. Arguably, outside is when you MOST need to use your phone.

I traded my GN for the Rezound because of the camera and SD card. Just ordered a 64gig card and fingers crossed...

Sei28

Reaction score
Excellent reviews. They really are all great phones.

I loved the big screen on the Nexus, but the phone was a bit too big for me. The Rezound screen really is incredible, but if you use your phone outside a lot that could be a major factor. Arguably, outside is when you MOST need to use your phone.

I traded my GN for the Rezound because of the camera and SD card. Just ordered a 64gig card and fingers crossed...

Did the employees of wherever you traded your phone in give you a hard time about returning your GN?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Did the employees of wherever you traded your phone in give you a hard time about returning your GN?

Nope, but apparently I was the first to trade the GN and so they wondered why. A few were like "well, ICS" but I just said I can wait a few months. All-in-all the phones are very equal, but I think the camera and extra storage give the Rezound the decisive edge. Heck, if the 64gig card works in the Rezound I will be ecstatic.

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
64gb works in both the Rezound and the Razr according to the boards.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
64gb works in both the Rezound and the Razr according to the boards.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Had not seen confirmation for the Rezound. Mine is on the way! But we'll have to see if it's stable. Beastly if it's stable = 70gigs of useable storage.

Sei28

Reaction score
Nope, but apparently I was the first to trade the GN and so they wondered why. A few were like "well, ICS" but I just said I can wait a few months. All-in-all the phones are very equal, but I think the camera and extra storage give the Rezound the decisive edge. Heck, if the 64gig card works in the Rezound I will be ecstatic.

Two employees at my verizon store were trying pretty hard to convince me against trading GN for Razr, and they were successful in turning me back for just that day. Still debating though. I'm way too indecisive..:frown:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Two employees at my verizon store were trying pretty hard to convince me against trading GN for Razr, and they were successful in turning me back for just that day. Still debating though. I'm way too indecisive..:frown:

To each their own. Was always and only between Rezound and GN for me. I can see VZW employees being "biased" touting ICS though.

to me it came down to the camera and extra storage. Larger screen for GN (in some instances, more or less) wasn't enough to compensate. If you are outdoors a lot, then maybe

arirang

Reaction score
One thing is certain. If you're a google-service power-user, these three make no compromises in getting to them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums