Nexus or Rezound?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Why does everyone keep knocking beats? It is optimized for hip hop. I had 425$ Bose and if I turned the volume up past 75% it was over. If u like hip hop then beats is a MAJOR plus. And even if you don't the beats are free basically cuz without them the phOne would still be 300 w/new contract. And those beats are better than ANY headphones that. One with phones normally. I say beats is a plus. But still.... If u are a person that likes to rom, go nexus. If you are a regular person looking for a phone, go rezound because it helps with things you don't have to go downloading apps for.

Sent from and iPhone 4. (don't judge me I'm selling it lol)

Actually I would put money that the klipsch s4 headphones sound better than the beats headphones as monster brand drowns with bass and lacks good mid and hi frequency balance . Its easy to get consumer to jump hype when they love hip hop with Dre attached to it.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
I have some klipsch headphones...s3 I think. Pretty cheap but great.

I'm going with the nexus because it'sa nexus...period. Nexus never disappoints. And now on Verizon, 4.65 inch screen, ics, beautiful ui, google updates, big battery. Idk what else you can want from a phone

bigkoch125

Reaction score
I think once they get a stock ics rom on the rezound it will impress many who do not like sense. I think you can't go wrong with either phone, it all depends on what you want in the phone.

newparadigm

Reaction score
If the bootloader were unlocked I'd get the rezound now. Kernel freedom is priority one for me. Then is radio quality, followed by ringtone volume, then battery life. All the other specs and features are less important. Unfortunately I don't think either phone will be it for me. I am concerned that I will have to wait for the next Samsung phone after gnex since they seem to be the only ones unlocking bootloaders now.
If att didn't suck so badly I'd switch and get a gs2 skyrocket.

Sent from my NookColor using DroidForums

Vakharn

Reaction score
I have yet to see the Nexus in person and as such will reserve judgment until I do, but I did get a little hands on time with the Rezound this wekend and found it to be an impressive peice of hardware. I film a lot of HD video which I upload to youtube so one of my first tests for phones of late is to play back one of my better videos through the browser at the highest resolution the screen can handle. In this case that meant 720p and while there was some bad lag with dragging the slider around to skip through the video, the actual playback was flawless, and the image quality was, for lack of a better word, perfect. Color accuracy and sharpness were better than any other phone I've seen by such a large margin that it's not even worth making the comparison. It truely was like holding a tiny HDTV. I'll be very curious to see how the nexus stacks up in comparison given its pentile matrix and characteristic amoled oversaturation.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of leaning towards rezound, now. I was wondering this very same question.

Besides more dev support, nfc, and no shutter lag, are there any other reason to buy nexus?
battery life on nexus should last you a whole day with moderate usage, rezound on other hand you'll have to buy an extended battery just like on thunderbolt making a phone heavy like a brick. after watching that flying razr commercial, i bet i could do more damage with my thunderbolt.

pedromartinez

Reaction score
The battery life is not equivalent to the Thunderbolt

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

natezire71

Reaction score
From the pictures I've seen, and after messing around with it in stores, the Rezound is bulky. The Nexus looks so much more sleek and thin.

If you're in it for form factor, Nexus wins IMO.

pedromartinez

Reaction score
From the pictures I've seen, and after messing around with it in stores, the Rezound is bulky. The Nexus looks so much more sleek and thin.

If you're in it for form factor, Nexus wins IMO.

[h=2]Definition of BULKY[/h]1
a : having bulkb (1) : large of its kind (2) : corpulent

: having great volume in proportion to weight <a bulky knit sweater>

bulk·i·ly This phone is not massive. It's thicker than a RAZR. The RAZR is not ergonomic. The Rezound is. I feel like people are assuming that thin is better when it is not necessarily so. The Samsung Charge, the Bionic the Revolution are all equally as "bulky" but because the RAZR everyone has redefined what "bulky" is.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
battery life on nexus should last you a whole day with moderate usage, rezound on other hand you'll have to buy an extended battery just like on thunderbolt making a phone heavy like a brick. after watching that flying razr commercial, i bet i could do more damage with my thunderbolt.

From personal experience, this is false. With moderate usage(meaning normal, not heavy). I can get a full 16 hour day. thats without custom kernels....I will also note, the stock kernel on this thing sucks. it jumps from 1.18ghz to 1.5 in one step. so once a custom kernel comes out it will be much more efficient.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Definition of BULKY

a : having bulkb (1) : large of its kind (2) : corpulent

: having great volume in proportion to weight <a bulky knit sweater>

bulk·i·ly This phone is not massive. It's thicker than a RAZR. The RAZR is not ergonomic. The Rezound is. I feel like people are assuming that thin is better when it is not necessarily so. The Samsung Charge, the Bionic the Revolution are all equally as "bulky" but because the RAZR everyone has redefined what "bulky" is.

Agree.

The Razr feels bulky in hand because it doesn't fit well. It's so thin that you're forced to holding the edges, which are awkward to say the least.

The Rezound felt much better in hand, despite it being thicker.

alexp1289

Reaction score
Once you get use to it it's really nice I love the razr it just takes a while to get use to it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Hugg727

Reaction score
OK so today is December 1st and still no GNex....is anyone jumping on the Rezound bandwagon?