New 5.9.905 Update for Droid Bionic Rolling Out Soon; Not ICS, but Improves LTE

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-bionic-sw-update.png

There is a new update that is ready and will be rolling out soon for the Droid Bionic. The new 5.9.905 version is not Ice Cream Sandwich sadly, but it does bring with it improved LTE connectivity amongst a few other things. Here's the list:
  • Recalibrated volume of the call connect and disconnect tones to be more comfortable for Bluetooth users.
  • Improved Visual Voice Mail to ensure delivery of a notification to the Status Bar.
  • Reduced data stalls to improve 4G LTE connectivity.
There is no word yet on when the update will start rolling out OTA, but it will supposedly be pretty soon. We will keep an eye out for you.

Thanks for the tip, Dave12308!

Source: BionicForums.net via VZW

deborah3756

Reaction score
Well...not soon enough! Tired of losing data connectivity. Sometimes I wanna put this phone through a wall yet, I like it! Go figure!

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
I know exactly how you feel deborah3756. Love the phone, but all of the data drops (however fewer after the .902 update) get annoying. I guess its better than having the actual phone part not work reliably like the Galaxy Nexus.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
That's so awesome. The MAXX hand offs between 3g to 4g to wifi are perfectly seamless. Motorola really did a good job with the radios and software. You guys are going to love it.

blufftontiger

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 64GB
I just got the update. Installing now. Does this mean there is no soak test?

Hiker5208

Reaction score
I just updated and am starting to play with it. Hope for the best!