ICS Update Rolling Out for Motorola Droid Bionic

SithLord0498

Reaction score
A huge THANK YOU to user "Brom" for hosting the soak update package!! My 4G on Gingerbread has been horribly unstable for the past several days, and I was worried about the connection holding long enough for the eventual OTA push. I just finished installing his ZIP file using Recovery's "Update from SD" option, and I am now running a silky smooth ICS operating system! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

DrakeMK3

Reaction score
I used this file on my wife's non-modified bionic. Works just like an OTA. I just booted into recovery and installed.

I used HOB for mine.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Please tell me you guys that have received it bug-free? I am hoping for that, as we are still waiting on the Razr bug-fix firmware update, no word from any sources yet, may consider root to JB via Cyanogenmod if there isn't anything announced in the next 10-14 days...

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
If you have the ICS OTA on Bionic, can you report if Foxfi works?

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
jpiarull said:
Please tell me you guys that have received it bug-free? I am hoping for that, as we are still waiting on the Razr bug-fix firmware update, no word from any sources yet, may consider root to JB via Cyanogenmod if there isn't anything announced in the next 10-14 days...

246 is 100 times better than the bug filled update the RAZR people got

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .247 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wasn't part of the soak test, but did a "check for update" Friday morning and it popped up.

Pretty amazing, but today an old problem came back. For the last month or so JuiceDefender Ultimate won't boot on start. Looking at the app it says that it can't find ASOP and can't boot normally on Android 2.3+. Then it tries to force an install of ASOP Helper. Then it may start or not. Friday and Saturday it worked like it was supposed to. Ah well.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
aaf709 said:
I wasn't part of the soak test, but did a "check for update" Friday morning and it popped up.

Pretty amazing, but today an old problem came back. For the last month or so JuiceDefender Ultimate won't boot on start. Looking at the app it says that it can't find ASOP and can't boot normally on Android 2.3+. Then it tries to force an install of ASOP Helper. Then it may start or not. Friday and Saturday it worked like it was supposed to. Ah well.

Well ICS makes juicdefender moot at this point as smart actions and swipe yo kill apps make the os run more efficiently. You can set smart apps up to turn off 4g when it's not available and use wifi for the majority of the time. Juice defender at that point is redundant I would feel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

blufftontiger

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 64GB
I was not part of the soak test and I have not received the update. My phone is bone stock and never been rooted. Are they still rolling out the update or have I missed the boat?

azdrifter

Reaction score
For some reason I never get the updates even after I FXZ back to stock and leave the phone totally stock,... I leave it for a couple of weeks and nothing so I come on here and find the update and manually install it,..Done good thing we have such a generous community:biggrin:DancingNexus

zimzim57

Reaction score
How do I update manually?

Ok, so I am not very knowledable when it comes to doing anything technical with my Bionic. I downloaded the file that Brom listed and have it on my phone. I have pulled up the Recovery screen, but I can't seem to get the phone to update. Do I need to have the files extracted onto my SD card or the zip file? And, which file is the one I use to do the update?

milski65

Reaction score
Ok, so I am not very knowledable when it comes to doing anything technical with my Bionic. I downloaded the file that Brom listed and have it on my phone. I have pulled up the Recovery screen, but I can't seem to get the phone to update. Do I need to have the files extracted onto my SD card or the zip file? And, which file is the one I use to do the update?

Do not extract anything. Just move it from your download folder to your ext sd. Then go in to stock recovery, select update zip, then scroll down to the file and install.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Truebill

Reaction score
Don't Like it

I don't notice any improvement.
I used to be able to move my emails from my inbox to any of my subfolders on IMAP, but now I can't. It won't let me move to subfolders.
It uses a lot more battery.
No support for Adobe flash, so I can't watch a lot of videos.

DiskCrasher

Reaction score
My phone is much more responsive after applying the update. The Verizon OTA push didn't work for me though since I had previously 4ever rooted my phone. Had to follow the instructions at this thread to get it updated. Now the only question I have is where to put my music files so that Google Play and/or Motorola Music will find them??