Ice Cream Sandwich Update build 6.7.246 Now Available for Motorola Droid Bionic

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-bionic-ics-update.png

It's officially rolling out now. The Android 4.04/Ice Cream Sandwich update is now rolling out to Motorola Droid Bionic Users. This is update is build 6.7.246. If you lose patience waiting for it to roll to your device, you can always manually check by going Settings>About phone>System updates. Enjoy!

Source: Verizon Wireless

TatDroid

Reaction score
If only it wasn't taking 5 hours (literally) to get the OTA version to download to my phone. I guess the Verizon servers must be swamped?

rabear

Reaction score
Got my update this morning

Took about 45 minutes to download and install. It went perfectly. Phone now boots faster, seems to respond faster and I like the new features. The only thing I do not like is the status bar now seems smaller than before. Being over 50 it is now a little harder to see.

So far I will say it appears to have been worth the wait.
icon7.png

Reaction score
Mine will not even download while on 4G and the WiFi at my work is so bad that I always lose connection on it. I have to restart my phone for it start downloading again. It is so fun.

ditchdoc912

Reaction score
.246 update

Andriod user since the OG Droid.

Downloaded the update this morning, only took about 10 minutes. That is the good news

On the downside, they have completely changed the GUI. Home screen changes, slide lock gone, instead of symbols, you get to read through a list for any menu. The seamless functionality I had yesterday is gone.

IMO it doesn't seem worth it, but it's too late now.

I suspect at least some of the changes are due to the Apple lawsuit which is just another reason to continue hating them.

***rant off***

Now its time to figure out how to root this thing!

liljay98

Reaction score
The software update failed

Hey all. My phone is rooted with the 4evrroot and the OTA update keeps failing when installing. Any thoughts? I have not removed any software...

rabear

Reaction score
My son had the same problem because of being rooted. He just downloaded the rom from some server and it worked fine So it appears OTA updates do not work to well while rooted. Maybe someone else figured out a way to do it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

liljay98

Reaction score
My son had the same problem because of being rooted. He just downloaded the rom from some server and it worked fine So it appears OTA updates do not work to well while rooted. Maybe someone else figured out a way to do it.

So, does the file "VRZ_XT875_6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml.zip" just need to be dropped on my sd-ext and then booted to or is there more of a process? Any help appreciated...

Tonik

Reaction score
liljay98 said:
So, does the file "VRZ_XT875_6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml.zip" just need to be dropped on my sd-ext and then booted to or is there more of a process? Any help appreciated...

This file is not the update, it is for using rsd lite to completely reflash your phone.

welsalex

Reaction score
Hey all. My phone is rooted with the 4evrroot and the OTA update keeps failing when installing. Any thoughts? I have not removed any software...

Forever root screws with it. Find removal instructions.

I don't understand anyone who complains about this update. It's freaking ice cream sandwich! This phone is so much harder, better, faster, stronger! Gingerbread sucks big round spheres compared to ICS. There are always changes that are hard to get used to with any major software update (ex. Windows xp to windows 7) that you hate are first and grow to love

rabear

Reaction score
I have been using it for a couple of days now and love it so far. The only nit i have is the smaller status bar. I just have to wear my glasses....lol. Faster boot time, GUI feels faster and most of all i am in 4G mode much more while in the same areas i normally travel i.

Joeteck

Reaction score
I tried to unroot my phone with petes program version 1.07 but failed as it cant detect my phone.. thats the program i used to root it strange. What do you guys suggest?

clarice2013

Reaction score

Do you know what server he downloaded it from? I'm still struggling to get the update