ICS for Motorola Droid Razr Not Rolling Out Today

Edognights

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
noicsyet.jpg

Last week reports surfaced that Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich would be rolling out today on Motorola's Droid RAZR. Unfortunately, this morning a representative from Verizon debunked these reports on twitter. In response to an inquiry made by @f350bear (above), a Verizon representative stated that they "do not have a date for ICS on the Razr yet". It's not too surprising, especially since Motorola usually does a preliminary soak test before launching any major update and we have yet to see this for ICS on the Razr. Currently, no word on when to expect the update, but we'll let you know as more information surfaces.

Source: Phone Arena

pltctytc

Reaction score
isn't it customary for verizon to wait until the phone is discontinued before major updates?

noicsyet.jpg

Last week reports surfaced that Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich would be rolling out today on Motorola's Droid RAZR. Unfortunately, this morning a representative from Verizon debunked these reports on twitter. In response to an inquiry made by @f350bear (above), a Verizon representative stated that they "do not have a date for ICS on the Razr yet". It's not too surprising, especially since Motorola usually does a preliminary soak test before launching any major update and we have yet to see this for ICS on the Razr. Currently, no word on when to expect the update, but we'll let you know as more information surfaces.

Source: Phone Arena

DeadlyAP1

Reaction score
Honestly I love my RAZR as far a form and function go. But, because of the way Moto/VZW roll out updates and the locked bootloader, I will never buy another Moto phone.

Caesars

Reaction score
Honestly the only reason I really want ics is for the ability to freeze bloatware without rooting, the rest is just me wanting the latest and greatest. I think it's crap that the going philosophy is "focus" on the new and forget about the old consumers (really most companies do this). That being said from Verizon's and motorolas point of view, loyalty is virtually dead so "whatever". Most people arent loyal, no reasons for the companies to spend millions of dollars trying to keep the "grass is always greener" crowd. It's BS for sure that it takes big red this long to update, but what incentive do they have? A few thousand tech nerds raging online compared to The 100,000s consumers who are happy with gingerbread.