Droid RAZR Update XT912 with Multiple Bug Fixes Rolling Out Now

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-razr-update-again-dec-2011.PNG

Motorola is really on the ball with their updates lately. It was not that long ago that they brought us an update to the Droid RAZR, and now are rolling out a new one, build XT912. This update brings a large list of bug fixes, and also improves readability in the lapdock interface as well as improving data connectivity. Here's a breakdown of the bug fixes:

Device Features
  • SIM Error notification has been fixed.
  • Improved camera features and quality.
  • Improved stability of menu access, Browser, Phone Dialer, video playback and music player to prevent Force Close errors and lockups.
Email, Messaging, & Data
  • Updated ground message notification.
  • Improvement in 3G/4G data connectivity.
  • Enhanced Wi-Fi performance.
  • Maintain network connection upon completion of a voice call.
Application & Widgets
  • Background color has been adjusted to improved readability in Lapdock connection UI menu items.
The update should be rolling out now, so be on the lookout for it.

Source: Verizon Wireless - Droid RAZR Update XT912 .pdf

JaBr1884

Reaction score
Not all, but many people are having data connectivity issues on both 4g and 3g following this update. I myself have had no 4g, 3g, or talk (evdo?) all morning. 3g on 3g phones next to me are not affected, so the service is available, but my RAZR is not picking it up.

Dan_08

Reaction score
I've got good data after the update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

todroid

Reaction score
Jabr, please check your "enable cell data" setting. The update unchecked that for some of us. Once enabled, you should see a healthy dose of 1s and 0s.

Dan_08

Reaction score
Camera focus is better as well. It was horrible before.

Thach

Reaction score
This update really made the phone better. I read that there were still a few phones that had issues after updating but I guess that's to be expected to a point. As far as my RAZR though, the camera seems to focus faster, call quality is 10 times better than before, and transitioning from WiFi to 3G/4G is almost instantaneous, just to name a few things. All in all, I am really enjoying the update.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pretty late in 2011.....aren't we supposed to have unlocked bootloaders by now? Wasn't that the PROMISE

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Pretty late in 2011.....aren't we supposed to have unlocked bootloaders by now? Wasn't that the PROMISE

Never a promise of unlocked bootloaders. Only that the option was being worked on if the carriers allowed....key words there. But there was never a real promise of unlocking the,.

"Stay classy Interwebz"

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected.....so let's talk about "carrier allowed".....correct me if I am wrong here....but Moto "implied" that they might be doing an unlockable bootloader in late 2011......should VZW allow it. Well the Nexus is out...and guess what....the boot loader is unlockable. Guess VZW allowed it.....so.....what's the hold up?