Android 4.1.2 Version of Jelly Bean Rolling Out to Motorola Droid RAZR HD & MAXX HD

gfweb

Reaction score
Andrdoid 4.1.2 sucks

Camera is unusable. It keeps flipping from horizontal to vertical mode on my razr maxx. Battery life is way down. How do I undo this???

KCarner

Reaction score
Speed dial?????

Use speed dial all the time. What happened to it? Bad....bad....plan.:angry:

korpus13

Reaction score
I was looking forward to this update (works great on my N7)but it's been nothing but problems for me. Voice Command is basically non-functional, rendering hands-free dialing nonexistent.

Camera defaults to "Auto Flash." I rarely use flash so I have to switch it off every time.

Too many things to click. For example, when opening an attachment, it gives me options and asks, "one time, or always." Even when I choose "always," it doesn't matter, it still asks me every time.

It's forever asking me if I want to sign on to Wi-Fi signals it picks up. And every time, I have to say, "no."

I hate this update. And yes, I've done a factory re-set, cleared the cache in some cases.

Mine is having these same issues and continues to not work or play well with the blue tooth 2012 camry. Does the USB not charge this phone? And anyone else, plug in the phone (in the car) only to have old voice messages start playing?

korpus13

Reaction score
All the above for me plus now the bluetooth functions in my 2012 Camry are WORSE.

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I think this might be a case where they assumed since it worked on the original droid razr and razr maxx it would work on the razr hd and maxx hd as well. Maybe this is why it takes Verizon 5 or 6 months to release an update after all other carriers are the next update already STILL leaving Verizon users an update behind?

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Be assured every update for each independent phone gets thoroughly tested before even being sent to Verizon. They do their best but some things are bound to slip through.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Cheeze Wiz

Reaction score
I got mine about a week or two ago and my corporate email now syncs perfectly!! Prior to this update I had my settings set to "automatically push" and it never worked consistently. Now it works great!! Love it!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I really do not have an answer on the specific apps, but I have exactly the same apps as before the update. Before the update when I would have "normal" use of my phone I had about 70 percent or better left on my battery at the end of the day (I am not a heavy user on the call side of the phone, just internet and emails and a few calls each day). Now I see 50 - 60 percent left at the end of the day. Since my useage is the same on average and my use of apps on the phone is the same on average I think the system update accounts for the additional battery use in some way. No way to prove it that I know of. Thanks for your input.

This is exactly the same for me. I see OS and System at the near top of my list

razorwes

Reaction score
That's it

I got mine about a week or two ago and my corporate email now syncs perfectly!! Prior to this update I had my settings set to "automatically push" and it never worked consistently. Now it works great!! Love it!
My push feature has never worked. I can mail on my desk top & an hour later the same messages are still on my phone. I still hear too much negative pub about the update so I'm not jumping up & down about it.

Otherguy12

Reaction score
I'm unable to connect to my router. I was told by Verizon that I have an older router that doesn't support newer phones or software.

Last edited:

Zippster

Reaction score
I'm unable to connect to my router. I was told by Verizon that I have an older router that doesn't support newer phones or software.

Did your phone connect to your router before the update? Mine did so sounds more like their "update" removed support vs the other way around, always easier to blame someone else.

rsaulsbury40

Reaction score
What a terrible update!! 1. MotoPrint is gone, not even in the app store. 2. Battery life went from 9-11 hours to 3-4 hours. 3. Can no longer send group text from my groups, they are worthless if I can't send a group text. I mean, really, I know who my is family, friend, work and crap like that, I don't need to freaking group them to remember who they are. 4. Having trouble with internet connections, whether I am at home or away. I pay all this money for a smart phone not a stupid phone! 5. Lost the sticky note widget I was using. I know that there are more problems, but these are the ones that have pissed me off the most.

RTraw2

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I just got our Maxx HD's and really hadn't noticed any issues until he got his update (first). I've since gotten my update and we've noticed that for one thing our contact background is now black text and white background. Before it was the opposite, which was much easier on the eyes. My boyfriend noticed it first when his phone updated, called Verizon Tech support and they had no clue what happened. They finally came to the conclusion that it must have been a result of an update (they were right). My battery life definately seems to be noticably less now too, and the final change which is really aggravating is that before the upgrade my older Motorola Bluetooth Earpiece paired up just fine. Now it won't. REALLY ANNOYING!!

Robyne