4.1 Jelly Bean Rolling out to Select Motorola Droid RAZR HD/Maxx HD Users Today

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
jb2.png

We reported last week that Android 4.1 would be rolling out to select handsets this week, and it appears the roll-out has begun. As you can see from the screenshots the build is 9.1.41 Jelly Bean which is listed on Verizons support docs, so there are no surprises there. If todays roll-out is anything like we have seen previously, those who have been selected to participate in the soak will begin seeing the update today with a smattering of users who were not picked to participate receiving it as well. We want to hear from the folks who were not picked to participate, have you received the Jelly Bean update yet?

jb.png

Tip of the hat to anonymous for providing screenies!

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
The latest leak is 9.1.41 so why not just grab that? Same version number, should be identical, as it is only a few days old

hotice

Reaction score
The latest leak is 9.1.41 so why not just grab that? Same version number, should be identical, as it is only a few days old
I got old, I'm married with kids, and I just don't want any chance of creating another project.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I got old, I'm married with kids, and I just don't want any chance of creating another project.

That ^ is a good reason to wait~! LOL! :D

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, the good news is that you don't need Root, custom recovery or an unlocked bootloader to do it. Just download the OTA file to your SD card, load into the stock bootloader, select stock recovery, and load it from there.

Takes all of 5 minutes really, but if it is coming this week I guess waiting another few days won't make a difference. haha

hotice

Reaction score
Well, the good news is that you don't need Root, custom recovery or an unlocked bootloader to do it. Just download the OTA file to your SD card, load into the stock bootloader, select stock recovery, and load it from there.

Takes all of 5 minutes really, but if it is coming this week I guess waiting another few days won't make a difference. haha
Cool! That is the best kind. I've done that before on my Droid X with no problems. Still, since it sounds like people are getting it already, I don't mind the wait. And really, as much as I'm excited about getting JB this phone, as is, is the most stable PDA I've had in 15 years. I haven't had a lockup or unexpected reboot since I bought the thing! It's great! I just hope JB is as stable as ICS. I haven't heard anything but good about JB so I'm not really concerned.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it is close to being sent to everyone so you can just wait. I have been running the JB leaks for weeks. Much faster and smoother, very stable to far. I think you will enjoy it.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is the soak test, and yeah is the same build as the leaked one a few days ago, this will probably be final, been running it for a while myself as well and its nice, battery could be a bit better but I've been playing with it quite a bit lol

hotice

Reaction score
This is the soak test, and yeah is the same build as the leaked one a few days ago, this will probably be final, been running it for a while myself as well and its nice, battery could be a bit better but I've been playing with it quite a bit lol
What?!?!? Worse battery life?!?!? I'll bet on the fact that you're using it more than you think as you play with JB. :)

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What?!?!? Worse battery life?!?!? I'll bet on the fact that you're using it more than you think as you play with JB. :)

That's what im saying, probably a tad worse cause i'm just playing around lol once get down to my normal usage I'll see...

hotice

Reaction score
That's what im saying, probably a tad worse cause i'm just playing around lol once get down to my normal usage I'll see...
The only reason I'm afraid Jelly Bean has to potential to reduce battery life is as part of "project butter" I think it's supposed to ramp up CPU as soon as any touch is detected. To me it seems that could have a very negative effect on battery life. I haven't heard any reports where people think it's been a problem. I guess the reduced screen-on time due to faster speed may counter the increased cpu power usage - canceling each other out with a net benefit (faster speed) to the user. :)