Reports Filtering In: Jelly Bean Update for Droid RAZR HD & RAZR MAXX HD Wide Rollout

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
razrhd_jellybean1.jpg

Verizon told us last week that the Jelly Bean rollout for the Motorola Droid RAZR HD and RAZR MAXX HD would start this week, and it looks like they were true to their word. We have had reports filtering in today from multiple users that the wider push is happening. Earlier in the week we had the soak test, which shared the Jelly Bean goodness with quite a few folks, but not it looks like the full wide push is happening. We also have word that the full OTA update is happening this evening, although it might have started early.

Sound off in the thread if you are one of the lucky ones who have received the update already, and tell us what you think of it!

Last edited:

713King

Reaction score
I got my notification in the AM but I pressed remind later because I want to see if it is rootable just in case I get tired of stock.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got my notification in the AM but I pressed remind later because I want to see if it is rootable just in case I get tired of stock.

You can root the ICS build you're on now, use VooDoo Root Keeper from the Market to back up root, temp unroot, take the OTA then use the app to restore root and you are now on Rooted Jelly Bean!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Any news on when we will get it for sure for DROID razr?

Sent from my DROID razr, using SwiftKey 3!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Re: Reports Filtering In: Jelly Bean Update for Droid RAZR HD & RAZR MAXX HD

Everything keeps pointing to somewhere in the middle of 2013.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

bullswife98

Reaction score
My boss just got her Razr HD 2days ago and she just got the Jellybean update at 4:10pm (just a little while ago) and she said its awesome! Hope the og. Razr gets it sooner than middle of 2013. Would be a great Christmas gift.

TAG YOUR IT! DROID RAZR using Droid Forums. :)

solar

Reaction score
Got mine last evening pacific time, about 11pm or so. I love jelly bean so far. It like the android team hs done a really good job of trying to make the UI more consistent as well as more efficient (and pretty!) I like the visual changes. very impressed so far. Android has come a long way and continues to get better! Now I just need to re-root!

flyerchas

Reaction score
JB update

Woke up yesterday morning, hit update in settings, and lo and behold, there it was! Twenty minutes (and a shave) later, I was the proud owner of JB 4.1.1. Been playing with Google Now (not quite Siri), and it seems smoother when changing screens. Still learning. Next: 4.2?

Droidboy101

Reaction score
Love the new JB update on my Rzar HD Maxx the Google Exprence is amazing!! Only prop im having is when i turn off my phone at night I have to change my wallpaper back every time prop just a glitch but othere than that its running smooth!!

hotice

Reaction score
Love the new JB update on my Rzar HD Maxx the Google Exprence is amazing!! Only prop im having is when i turn off my phone at night I have to change my wallpaper back every time prop just a glitch but othere than that its running smooth!!
Turn your phone off? Why do you turn it off (assuming you mean shutdown) over night?

I haven't had any problem with the wallpaper changing on me though.

hotice

Reaction score
Is anyone having problems using the Amazon AppStore since the update to Jelly Bean? I need to re-install the appstore or clear the data every time I open it and it will only work that one time. Next time it will crash when I try to open it and I need to clear data or re-install again. You can task switch to it with no problem.

hatchin

Reaction score
Is anyone having problems using the Amazon AppStore since the update to Jelly Bean? I need to re-install the appstore or clear the data every time I open it and it will only work that one time. Next time it will crash when I try to open it and I need to clear data or re-install again. You can task switch to it with no problem.

I am having the same issue. I tried to redownload the appstore from Amazon.com and got the same result.

hotice

Reaction score
I am having the same issue. I tried to redownload the appstore from Amazon.com and got the same result.
Hmmm, that seemed to fix it for me. Well, you can also go into the app info, stop the process if it's running and clear the data. That works for me too.

I worked with Amazon Support on the phone this morning. They passed the issue on to their dev team, or that's what it sounded like. I should hear something back in the next few days. I'll post something if I hear back from Amazon.