Need new phone (want motorolla) suggestions?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No you do not need root and it was pulled.

The maxx is getting kitkat soon.

When you say it was pulled what you are saying is that the update was slated for release but the release was scrubbed due to apparent problems it was creating with peoples' phones. This is true in that the OTA release was bricking some phones during the SOAK testing however this doesn't seem to be happening when side-loading as illustrated in that thread.

In answer to the question, yes it is the official release but you are on your own if you flash it to the phone as it may cause undesired results. For me and everyone I am aware of who used this update it has been successful. Proceed at your own risk.

Sent from my Droid MAXX using Tapatalk 2 with voice to text translation. Please pardon minor errors.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Not sure if I would want to do that. But getting back to the moto x vs maxx. I just compared the specs and aside from obvious things like screen and battery they are pretty much the same. Once the Maxx gets kit kat they won't really be any different inside.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This is basically true. So the questions become screen size, battery size/life and form factor.

Sent from my Droid MAXX using Tapatalk 2 with voice to text translation. Please pardon minor errors.

Scott0719

Reaction score
I will have to hold them both and see how they feel. Not really any other way to tell for sure.

Scott0719

Reaction score
Not sure if I would want to do that. But getting back to the moto x vs maxx. I just compared the specs and aside from obvious things like screen and battery they are pretty much the same. Once the Maxx gets kit kat they won't really be any different inside.

This is basically true. So the questions become screen size, battery size/life and form factor.

Here is a link to the site I compared them on. Motorola Moto X vs Motorola DROID MAXX - Phone specs comparison

Scott0719

Reaction score
The Moto G may be a good phone for it's price and I might even consider buying one simply for a backup phone. Keep in mind though that it does not have 4G LTE, has a worse camera and processor. If you are in an area that doesn't get 4G or you are on wifi more than it probably doesn't matter. I don't usually care about camera quality but compared to the moto x that has 10 MP to 5 MP on the G that's a big difference now a days. Here is a link comparing the G to the X and the Nexus 5. Motorola Moto G vs Motorola Moto X vs Google Nexus 5: specs comparison

jamjr74

Reaction score
If u want Motorola then get the Moto x.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I thought the MotoG would support ATT and TMobile 4G (HSPA)... just not VZW?????

TatDroid

Reaction score
It's on VZW
Yes, the Moto G will work on Verizon, but if you scroll back a few posts you'll see the question was about 4G. I don't believe the Moto G supports LTE, therefore no 4G service on Verizon.

Scott0719

Reaction score
So Verizon put me through the ringer which isn't shocking but I ordered my moto x! For it from the Moto maker site. I went with the 16gb. Was going to get the 32 but with all the cloud storage I didn't think it was necessary. I should have it by Saturday. Can't wait!

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Cloud storage is nice if you have unlimited data, otherwise uploading all the pics will burn through your data plan as 10mp camera makes stupidly large files. I've had some pictures be 5mb in size... Wtf? My Nikon makes 14mp pics that are only 1.5mb in size.

jamjr74

Reaction score
Cloud storage is nice if you have unlimited data, otherwise uploading all the pics will burn through your data plan as 10mp camera makes stupidly large files. I've had some pictures be 5mb in size... Wtf? My Nikon makes 14mp pics that are only 1.5mb in size.

I back up photos to Google +. I set mine to back up on wifi only that way no need to use my data.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

huskur

Reaction score
Don't let the Droid RAZR MAXX and your past experience with it sway you from the Droid MAXX...they are two ENTIRELY different phones. I have the MAXX and absolutely LOVE it. I also had the RAZR MAXX, but believe me it wasn't even a close second to this phone. The Droid MAXX certainly learned a few "tricks" from the Droid RAZR MAXX, such as the Kevlar back (which is now not just the back but also sides and wraps up on the front at the bottom), the laminated internal design (layers of board, digitizer, screen battery and back sandwiched with double-sided tape to increase rigidity), and not the least of which is the giant battery. However it didn't stop there.

It's now a higher resolution screen, a larger display, Gorilla Glass 3, and the X8 Processor technology where it uses a combination of large dual-core processors and smaller dual and single core processors to both maximize speed and fluidity, while also minimizing battery consumption, and still better, enhancing the user experience by providing real screen content even while not being used with the Active Display feature. Another feature I really love is the ability to control it without ever even taking it out of my pocket - all by simple voice commands. It can send emails, texts, play music, route a trip with full navigation, answer a quick question about things such as weather and other basic topics, or do much more intensive web searches.

True, the Moto X can do most of the same things, but I prefer the larger screen, larger battery, Kevlar wrapped chassis, and really have no need for the customization that the X offers. As is often said, to each his own, but I'd give the MAXX a good look before making your final decision.

Glad I found this thread. I am getting ready to ditch my Note 3 for the Droid Maxx. I am finding the Note 3 just to big for everyday use. For me anyway. I like the Note 3 when watching epsn or btn2go but other than that it is to much. I think I will be happy with the Maxx if Foxfi runs on it and then I can just tether to my 7 inch galaxy tab 3. Best of both worlds. Opinions appreciated!!!!

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
I have the Moto X and absolutely LOVE it! Its is like the best phone ever! Heres what I like about it:

• The phone has a vibrant screen.
  • Its not too big or too small (I have an S4 but it was too big for me. Im a girl and have smaller hands).
  • It is super fast and snappy.
  • The phone has tons of cool features like always on voice recognition, a new interactive video player, etc.
  • It is very tough. I have dropped it like 3x and had no issues with broken screens.
  • Voice and audio quality is great.

Anyhow, i love it and highly recommend it. :)

huskur

Reaction score
I have the Moto X and absolutely LOVE it! Its is like the best phone ever! Heres what I like about it:

• The phone has a vibrant screen.
  • Its not too big or too small (I have an S4 but it was too big for me. Im a girl and have smaller hands).
  • It is super fast and snappy.
  • The phone has tons of cool features like always on voice recognition, a new interactive video player, etc.
  • It is very tough. I have dropped it like 3x and had no issues with broken screens.
  • Voice and audio quality is great.

Anyhow, i love it and highly recommend it. :)

I am still leaning towards the Maxx. I really need the battery life plus the S4 has the perfect size screen which i think is identical in size to the Maxx.