Which Android device would you buy for verizon if you had to buy today?

texanmike

Reaction score
OK. My brother dropped his phone in a pool. It is certifiably ruined. He's on my plan so he needs to get a new phone pronto.

I have a Motorolla droid right now (rooted w/ UD 10.0.0) and am mostly happy with it, however I'm always looking to upgrade. Is there a particular phone you'd buy in my situation? I can always go back to my droid (and upgrade in a year) if I don't like it... but I'd hate to spend all of that money and NOT get what I like.

Mike

warrior21

Reaction score
I need a physical keyboard so I would go with the droid 2

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm torn with that one. I've learned so much with my D1 that I'd hesitate with something else. Helps that I'm really happy with it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I could keep my Original Droid I would buy the Droid X -

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

ceasernem

Reaction score
OK. My brother dropped his phone in a pool. It is certifiably ruined. He's on my plan so he needs to get a new phone pronto.

I have a Motorolla droid right now (rooted w/ UD 10.0.0) and am mostly happy with it, however I'm always looking to upgrade. Is there a particular phone you'd buy in my situation? I can always go back to my droid (and upgrade in a year) if I don't like it... but I'd hate to spend all of that money and NOT get what I like.

Mike

Droid X is the best phone on verizon right now.I tried the fascinate but ended up going back to the Droid X. Droid X!

mach330

Reaction score
if the size the doesn't bother you and you don't need a keyboard. i agree, Dx is the best right now. my wife has it and i really like it.

Reaction score
I would think that the Droid X would be best way to go. Although I can't say much considering I still have my Droid 1 and still love it.

OP
texanmike

texanmike

Reaction score
I just upgraded to the X from the original. I still have my original though :)

Hmm.. Any interest in selling your original? I'd rather keep mine for now and wait to upgrade. That way I don't have to burn my upgrade for what I really consider to be an uninspiring option.

Mike

Jmart922

Reaction score
If I HAD to buy today then I would say the DX, but I'd wait for incredible HD if I could which I'm doing right now

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon has nothing in the lineup that fits my hand, has the speed, light weight of my Incredible.
I went to buy a D2 and came home with an Inc

wified from a monolith using a slider

Steeeler

Reaction score
Fascinate of course. Why get a slower phone?

The X is the best choice. The Fascinate is not better than the X

That is not a correct statement. Both phones are great phones but it is a matter of preference. I had the opportunity to try out both the DX and the Fascinate to replace my original Droid. The Fascinate was hands down a better phone IMHO.

kadaj21

Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'd pick, between the D2 and the DX, but as far as slates go, I like the DX most from any carrier because of the physical buttons, and no weird scroll ball or anything like that. For any other slates with buttons, I just like the DX's more.

I'm personally conflicted myself, but I'm kinda leaning towards the DX unless something happens to catch my eye (recently outed LG phone??? >> )