If I Buy a DROID on Amazon...

rherron

Reaction score
My wife and I share a plan. We split minutes and we both have unlimited data. She's not due for an upgrade to her BlackBerry for about a year. She would like a DROID and I would like for her to have a DROID. If I buy a DROID on Amazon.com do I simply take it to the Verizon store and have it programmed with her number to replace her BlackBerry? Or when I buy it do I specify that it's to replace an existing phone, indicate the number, then activate the new DROID when it comes in the mail?

Basically, can someone walk me through this because there are a number of inexpensive DROIDs on Amazon and for that little money we may just go ahead and get her a DROID now. I don't need to start another account, I just want to swap her BlackBerry for a DROID.

Thank you.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You might go into a store and get a X2 or D3 with the BOGO offer.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
rherron

rherron

Reaction score
That's a possibility, I suppose. But since she's not really due for an upgrade aren't the going to tell her "That will cost you $500" or something like that? That's an intriguing idea though. How would that play out if she was eligible for an upgrade? Can the free one replace mine (which is a nearly new DROID Pro) or does it have to be for a new line? I don't really want a replacement, but if it was free I suppose I'd take it.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wife and I share a plan. We split minutes and we both have unlimited data. She's not due for an upgrade to her BlackBerry for about a year. She would like a DROID and I would like for her to have a DROID. If I buy a DROID on Amazon.com do I simply take it to the Verizon store and have it programmed with her number to replace her BlackBerry? Or when I buy it do I specify that it's to replace an existing phone, indicate the number, then activate the new DROID when it comes in the mail?

Basically, can someone walk me through this because there are a number of inexpensive DROIDs on Amazon and for that little money we may just go ahead and get her a DROID now. I don't need to start another account, I just want to swap her BlackBerry for a DROID.
If she's not due for an upgrade then how do you intend to upgrade through Amazon? The prices you're looking at are for new activations. They also have upgrade pricing but if she isn't eligible then that pricing won't apply either. Make sure you're looking at the full price if you intend to use a reseller.

As for activating it, you'll get instructions. No need to go to a store unless you want to.

Last edited: