Would you do this?

mybad

Reaction score
I upgraded my phone in Aug 09 and got the envtouch. I like it but I'm really wanting a droid. My dh hates his phone (just a "regular" phone) so I'm thinking of upgrading to the droid and giving dh my phone. It will cost me $269.99? Is it worth it if I have the money?

fLiP SiD3

Reaction score
To be honest with you ............for some people it is not worth it. I myself , will utilize everything that this phone comes with. So , yes it is worth it

OP
M

mybad

Reaction score
Thanks for the speedy replies. I would utilize a smartphone far more than my dh would but he needs more than just a "regular" phone so this seems like a good compromise. I almost have him talked into it.

Whoever said that marriage is just a legal form of protstitution was right.:icon_ devil:

afromann13

Reaction score
I switched from Sprint, i had the HTC hero... and I Love the Droid so far...Go for it!

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
If you like gadgets you'll love this device.
I try not to call it a phone because it truly is so much more than that.

It's my MP3 player.
My portable video player.
My car GPS
My portable e-mail and web browser.
My fixed focus camera and camcorder.

And yes, it's a phone as well.

gentlefury

Reaction score
I paid $299 for mine and didn't send in the $100 mail in rebate and I still say its totally worth it!

A

apeshitninja

I upgraded our two lines in early '09, couldn't talk my way into an early upgrade so I added two lines and got two Droids for $199 each instead of paying full price. Now my SO and I both have a backup cell phone, at least until those lines expire. Totally worth it, we use the Droids for everything.

nkcavs23

Reaction score
ebay. buy a used one, i bought and sold phones for like a year before i got an iphone, i ended up actually making money, then i came back for the droid :p

Reaction score
Ha, I have been wondering the same thing, what is a dh? I was thinking dumb husband as well, but not sure why someone would say that to other people about the person they choose to marry, so maybe dear husband it is. :)

xjman349

Reaction score
Remember with VZW you get a Worry Free guarantee if you dont like your device in the first 30 days you can return it for a full refund. Do keep in mind you will have a restocking fee of $35. Totally worth a bad two year or one year decision.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Remember with VZW you get a Worry Free guarantee if you dont like your device in the first 30 days you can return it for a full refund. Do keep in mind you will have a restocking fee of $35. Totally worth a bad two year or one year decision.

But... but... THE DROID IS NO MISTAKE!

lol.

In all seriousness: I would gladly spend the total price of the phone if I had to, to have this awesome 'phone'.

Just as a post above said, it's not just a phone. It has been able to replace so many devices I would normally carry.

This is a normal situation for me on any given day:

Call the doctor, set up an appointment. Turn on my favorite song while I: put doctors appointment in my calendar(that syncs with my Google online), hop on my school website to upload my paper(that I edited on the Droid), then I'll flip to FB to check for upcoming birthdays, check my bank account to make sure I have money to get a present, text my sister to remind her to get mom a present, email my dad to remind him, put in an order for flowers(saves the address so I can GPS it later), while my phone rejects the bill collector calling me and sends him to voicemail, update my grocery list app to pick up cake mix, then let my phone back up my SMS, contacts and call logs while I finish eating my lunch.

All done in 15 minutes, nowhere near a computer, but still in touch with everything I *need*. And I didn't even touch on 1/3 of what the Droid can do for me.

The convenience of having the ability to do ALL of these things at any given moment in the day is amazing. And the ease of use with the Droid makes it all that much nicer.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I upgraded my phone in Aug 09 and got the envtouch. I like it but I'm really wanting a droid. My dh hates his phone (just a "regular" phone) so I'm thinking of upgrading to the droid and giving dh my phone. It will cost me $269.99? Is it worth it if I have the money?
Any question of worth is subjective. It doesn't matter if you're asking about smartphones, cars, whatever... We can't tell you if it's worth it to you. It's a judgment call that you need to make. Considering that I just paid far less than $269, I wouldn't consider that price worth it IMO.

Whoever said that marriage is just a legal form of protstitution was right.:icon_ devil:
Yikes. I certainly wouldn't marry someone if that's how I felt about the relationship. IMO it's about giving freely and supporting the one you can't imagine living without. I don't see how that's anything like prostitution which is expecting something in return for services rendered. Marriage should be much more than that but to each his/her own...

Quick. ? What's a "dh"?
Dingo handler. :D