Can I do this?

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Hello, new to the android world and was wondering if i could get some help on whether or not i could do this (Bear with me i don't have much experience with phone contracts). So i got my phone (EnVTouch) around a year ago on a 2 year contract. ATM i am on a family plan with my dad and my brother. My brother has had his phone forever and is up for an upgrade. He isn't really into the latest stuff and only cares if he can txt. I told him my env touch is a great txting phone and stuff. What i want to know is can i get a Droid on his upgrade, transfer over my number and such and then he takes my EnVTouch with a year remaining on the contract?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If I remember correctly you can do this buy you would have to upgrade your line to unlimited data. I was on a family plan a few years ago and that's how I got my env touch. Things may have changed though, not too sure.

tappin and a talkin

OP
ObieNobie

ObieNobie

Reaction score
Ok so that would mean i would have to switch to smartphone 30$ plan?

OP
ObieNobie

ObieNobie

Reaction score
second question. My family plan has a addon for unlimited txt and idk how many mins (i dont talk on my phone really). That stuff will carry over to the droid correct? So the only extra cost will be 30$ data plan?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya your minutes will transfer over and that thirty dollar smartphone plan comes with unlimited data text pic vid messages. All that stuff. Now they will tell you that you need the unlimited plan but depending on who you talk to you can probably get the like 15 dollar 150 mb plan or whatever but I wouldn't suggest it. Like I said I came from the env touch and the awesomeness of a droid could never be contained with so little data a month.

tappin and a talkin