Blackberry to Droid

Suzita

Reaction score
I've had a Blackberry for many years, from corporate to personal since I retired a year ago. I've read all the threads on BB vs. Droid and am still undecided on the switch. Have been thinking about it for some time, but yesterday my brother offered me his Droid free of charge because he just upgraded to the Droid X. I love my BB (Curve) with the exception of the constant rebooting and the phone quality. My use of the BB is 60% email; 10% phone; 10% contacts; 10% calendar and 10% web. Would appreciate the Forum's feedback; thanks!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad to have you. Is the Droid your brother gave you stock or rooted?

Since email is your most used app I suggest going to the market and downloading K9. It is a free app and handles most email very well.

Check out the FAQ and Droid Apps section in the Forum tab. if you have questions post and the community will assist you.

Mike

OP
S

Suzita

Reaction score
Appreciate the welcome and contact info!

OP
S

Suzita

Reaction score
Not sure what the difference is between stock or rooted...... It's the Motorola Droid and it's out of the box since his old one had just died and they shipped him a new one. I've read the forum extensively on BB vs. Droid and found them fascinating. Since email is my biggest function, did see some cause for concern on some of the discussions. Having been on the front end of the Blackberry explosion and learning it by the seat of my britches in order to be able to teach my users, know this is a huge move from my comfort zone.... Really appreciate the welcome and this forum to help in the transition......