Question about activation...

currentweb

Reaction score
Well, NYC is in sight from the right hills.
This is a stupid question and I feel stupid having to ask, but does activating my phones cost money? I currently have 3 Verizon phones, and would like to switch around my primary device for a few days. My question is, does it cost money each time I switch phones? What I usually do is go to the verizon site and say I'm 'upgrading' my phone and de-activate the one while reactivating the other. does this cost money each time, or is it free?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
No, It does not cost you to change devices or activate one either online or by phone.
Some non-corp stores might try to charge you tho....

bart2546

Reaction score
I have reactivated my own old phones several times and have not been charged yet. Since you're not really getting a new contract to activate with a brand new phone I don't think there are any fees.

Regards,
Brandon
Sent from my Verizon Droid X

OP
currentweb

currentweb

Reaction score
Well, NYC is in sight from the right hills.
No, It does not cost you to change devices or activate one either online or by phone.
Some non-corp stores might try to charge you tho....

I have reactivated my own old phones several times and have not been charged yet. Since you're not really getting a new contract to activate with a brand new phone I don't think there are any fees.

Regards,
Brandon
Sent from my Verizon Droid X

Thanks to both of you. I activated it and no new charges! Thanks again.
You an delete this thread, I don't think it's worth keeping... :)