razor maxx vs rezound

cdm369

Reaction score
I have a dinc2 and one of my other lines is ready to upgrade. The dinc2 has been a good phone but i find it a little more buggy than the motorolla droid 2 i had. Im not a fan of moto but sense has not really impressed me. Having said that i realize there is a newer version of sense and was wondering about peoples opinions on sense vs blur. Trying to decide to go with razor maxx or rezound. Any thoughts?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you are going to get biased opinions here . one group will say "Razr best phone ever", others will say "rezound is". and then someone i almost guarantee it will say "I recommend the Nexus". which was not in original post.
above all this is your decision your phone for 2 years. go to VZW and play with both . which one feels better in your hand ? how important is battery life ? rezound does offer extended battery but does add bulk to phone. are you planning on rooting and romming? if so unlocked bootloader may be the way to go ( rezound), if not maybe MOTO. i have heard that moto did a really good job with blur on the ICS update. I also have heard the new sense is awesome . that is about it for me . i am neutral on this . i have T-bolt and upgrading around memorial day i too am playing which one should i get . ( most likely for me if one goes BOGO than that will be the one i get )

Natey2

Reaction score
I plan to get a Razr Maxx when the price (with a 2-year contract) falls below $100.

What goes up will come down, especially with cellphones :)

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

t35rk

Reaction score
Sense vs Blur isn't near the top of your list of why to choose a new phone, is it?

I think the Incredible 4G will be a better choice than either of those two phones. The new S4 Qualcomm chip is the major reason why.

OP
cdm369

cdm369

Reaction score
Sense vs blur was one of a few considerations. I went to the store and played around with the max, droid 4, and rezound. The version of sense on the rezound seems to be much better than whats on my dinc2. I did seem to notice better signal on the motorolla phones.

t35rk

Reaction score
Many 4G MOTO phones suffer from data drops. Qualcomm chipped phones such as the Rezound and LG Spectrum do not.

The Dinc 4G will have Sense 4.0 which the Rezound will not get.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I agree with Justin, go to the store and use both. Both phones are great phones. I'm not familiar with Blur so I can't say anything bad about it. I'm running the ICS leak and I am blown away by this phone right now. But both phones are due for it. For me the deal killer with the Maxx was the non removable battery. I also have the extended battery and it actually makes the phone easier and more comfortable to hold so the added bulk was a plus. The other big thing is the camera. Hands down the Rezound is the best.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120515_143252.png
    ForumRunner_20120515_143252.png
    214.5 KB · Views: 233

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just curious, but why would the non-removable battery on the MAXX matter when it's a huge as it is--3300mAh, quite a bit bigger than the Rezound extended batt available--and there's a hardkey reset? Those were everyone's objections previously: how to reset if you freeze up or get in a bootloop, and not having enough power. No harm, again just curious.

OP
cdm369

cdm369

Reaction score
So is the extended battery for the dinc2 the same as the one for the rezound? I heard the dinc 4g was coming out this month?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
cdm369 said:
So is the extended battery for the dinc2 the same as the one for the rezound? I heard the dinc 4g was coming out this month?

No it's not. I had a Dinc2 before my Rezound and the batteries are not the same. And yes the Incredible 4g is due out in a few weeks.

MissionImprobable said:
Just curious, but why would the non-removable battery on the MAXX matter when it's a huge as it is--3300mAh, quite a bit bigger than the Rezound extended batt available--and there's a hardkey reset? Those were everyone's objections previously: how to reset if you freeze up or get in a bootloop, and not having enough power. No harm, again just curious.

For me, if something happened to the battery I wanted the ability to just buy a new battery and not worry about replacing the entire phone. Looking at all the phones out now and all the ones due out I have no regrets about getting my Rezound. Not one phone out there makes me the least bit jealous. Especially since I put the ics leak on it.

OP
cdm369

cdm369

Reaction score
LoudRam said:
No it's not. I had a Dinc2 before my Rezound and the batteries are not the same. And yes the Incredible 4g is due out in a few weeks.

For me, if something happened to the battery I wanted the ability to just buy a new battery and not worry about replacing the entire phone. Looking at all the phones out now and all the ones due out I have no regrets about getting my Rezound. Not one phone out there makes me the least bit jealous. Especially since I put the ics leak on it.

Are you much happier with the rezound? I am leaning that way. I really liked the feel of the phone in the store.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
cdm369 said:
Are you much happier with the rezound? I am leaning that way. I really liked the feel of the phone in the store.

I loved my Dinc2 and I was happy with that. My plan was to wait until the Dinc4g came out and then upgrade to that but VZ put the Rezound on sale for $50 and I couldn't pass that up. I've been nothing but thrilled with this phone. My wife dumped her BB Bold and is now using the Dinc2. She'll probably get the Dinc4g when it's her time to upgrade.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score

Gotcha. There are vids on how to replace the RAZR and MAXX battery pretty easily so if you got one you wouldn't have to give up the phone. I'm sure VZ doesn't charge you the price of a replacement phone if you had them do it either, but that's something I'd probably take care of myself.

Surprisingly I do have to say that the Rezound is still of interest to me despite all the other phones that will be coming out later this year. In the end it will come down to the total package but the development community is definitely stepping things up on the Rezound.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
MissionImprobable said:
In the end it will come down to the total package but the development community is definitely stepping things up on the Rezound.

That's what sold it for me, the total package. And the $50 promo didn't hurt either.

OP
cdm369

cdm369

Reaction score
Ive heard that sense for the rezound will not be upgrading but the device is set to get ICS any time now. Still really loved the feel of the phone. Kind of leary about buying a phone the same week its released(INC 4g) even tho it would have both ICS and sense 4.0.