Verizon: Nexus/Rezound/Maxx

OP
flamewalker

flamewalker

Reaction score
For everything you've said so far, I'm going to guess that the Rezound might be your best bet.

That's how I'm leaning at the moment. Unfortunately I have to save up for tires and contacts before I can upgrade my phone tho... so price may play a bigger role by then. But the Rezound sounds like a solid option, with slight edge over the nexus in several ways.

My typical day includes some text messaging, checking Facebook several times a day, perhaps even a Tweet or two. Checking email (set emails to 1hr polling except gmail with force pushes) fairly frequently. Sometimes checking banking balances, and some random web browsing. Oh and occasionally navigation and gps. I leave all services off unless I need them, like wireless I leave off unless I'm home or near a hotspot and in bad reception area. On my D1 I am at 70% right now, 3pm in the afternoon, having unplugged around 8am. Often I am at about 40 or 50%. Heavier days down to 20 or 30%. But I almost always make it home before it dies :)

Thanks for the insight!

OP
flamewalker

flamewalker

Reaction score
Here is one of the threads of those that switched from the Gnex to the Razr... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/202996-gnex-razrr-maxx.html

Thanks...very informative. I always was under the impression Samsung generally made good hardware... I really love my Samsung tv but it seems they are a bit lackluster in the phone dept. I think in the end its going to boil down to price vs Rezound unless the maxx comes down in price soon. That and the locked bootloader... the main thing I prefer the unlocked for is removal of bloatware and the ability to upgrade the os with custom roms after the manufacturer have stopped updating. Moto is notorious for slow upgrades and stopping upgrades kinda early...no doubt some of the best hardware builds tho. Heck, my D1 is still rockin!

hkwise01

Reaction score
I recently had the same decision to make. I chose the rezound and couldn't be happier. It is the cheapest and to offset the cost you could sell the beats headphones. It has great call quality and I can make it through a full day with medium use on the battery. I do suggest a 4g toggle switch for areas without 4g coverage to reduce battery drain. Best of all....I'm already running ics from the recently leaked ics build. It was simple to install and it allows you to freeze the bloatware.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks...very informative. I always was under the impression Samsung generally made good hardware... I really love my Samsung tv but it seems they are a bit lackluster in the phone dept. I think in the end its going to boil down to price vs Rezound unless the maxx comes down in price soon. That and the locked bootloader... the main thing I prefer the unlocked for is removal of bloatware and the ability to upgrade the os with custom roms after the manufacturer have stopped updating. Moto is notorious for slow upgrades and stopping upgrades kinda early...no doubt some of the best hardware builds tho. Heck, my D1 is still rockin!

For what it's worth, the Razr/Maxx, etc. is easily rootable, and therefore it's very easy to still freeze bloat. There are some custom ROMs that are ICS based as well.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Honestly I could care less about nfc... I don't like the idea personally. When you say better radio, you mean updated/tweaked firmware for the nexus? And when you say you beat him even with the extended, about how many hours do you get out of your nexus, and on 3g or lte? Mild, moderate, or heavy use?

Thanks!
Sorry took so long to reply.

I got 7 hours with what id call heavy usage all lte in a heavy 4g area
Now I didn't have the phone out of my pocket all the time with the screen on all the time but I had it on a fair amount of time. And yeah I did mean tweak sorry.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

My son opted for the rezound and loves it. Call quality seems very good for him. I have not noticed any problems when talking to him and he has had no complaints...except when he noticed how well I could see my screen in the bright sunlight and he could not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums