Nandroid Error Codes

dbigdawg

Reaction score
Error 14

What is error code 14 ?

If you find out let me know. I have been trying for 3 weeks to find out what error code 14 is.:mad:

I am trying to install Simple Stunning and I am getting Error 14. I slid the keyboard shut and this message popped up:

"ERROR: Nandroid Exited with status 14E: No tar archives found"

Maybe the system.tar file is in the wrong directory?

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Found this in another thread on error 14:
I had the same issue and error. I noticed that I didnt have to add the .tgz extension to it. Don't change the name regardless if the .tgz extension is missing or not when you look at it through your computer's browser.

The instructions say "File should be named *.rom.tgz Some browsers may try to change the file name ". The browser I used did in fact just show it as a .rom but when I copied it to my sd card it showed as a *.rom.tgz when I looked at it through my phone. Not sure if my computer's browser just wasn't seeing it or what.

In the beginning (when I was getting the error) I added the .tgz extension because I counldn't see it. SO when I copied it to my sd-card it looked like this *.rom.tgz.tgz (a triple barreled extension).

Worth a look anyway. Remember, windows "hides" known file extensions by default,

Last edited:
OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Chuck. OP has been updated.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
About this nandroid thing...i feel stupid asking this question but I'm stumped. I had foolishly rooted my phone then realizing that I don't know enough to get into all this detailed stuff that I'm not prepared to do, I went back to stock without any problems. Everything is good but I still have the nandroid on my Astro. Since I'm not rooted anymore is there any need for it? Can I delete these files? Thanks in advance.

Not sure if you got your answer yet or not. There is a link within the first link in my signature that gets you back to stock. No root powers, no nandroid, no sprecovery.

good luck!

edit: here it is: If you ever need to get back to stock COMPLETELY, go here.

banoonish

Reaction score
Found this in another thread on error 14:
I had the same issue and error. I noticed that I didnt have to add the .tgz extension to it. Don't change the name regardless if the .tgz extension is missing or not when you look at it through your computer's browser.

The instructions say "File should be named *.rom.tgz Some browsers may try to change the file name ". The browser I used did in fact just show it as a .rom but when I copied it to my sd card it showed as a *.rom.tgz when I looked at it through my phone. Not sure if my computer's browser just wasn't seeing it or what.

In the beginning (when I was getting the error) I added the .tgz extension because I counldn't see it. SO when I copied it to my sd-card it looked like this *.rom.tgz.tgz (a triple barreled extension).

Worth a look anyway. Remember, windows "hides" known file extensions by default,

For me the status error code 14 is not caused by to many extension ie rom.tgz.tgz. I have downloaded the file many times and have made sure the file ends with .rom.tgz. I have tried applying the file straight to my sdcard, downloading with Win7 and WinXP. Also used different browers to download the file. I believe it is phone related. I have even changed to a new sdcard. Nothing has worked. I know others have had this problem but I can not find an answer for status 14. So I have to use other roms that don't use .rom.tgz files.

banoonish

Reaction score
What is error code 14 ?

If you find out let me know. I have been trying for 3 weeks to find out what error code 14 is.:mad:

Thanks to Sped101 I have found out what my error status 14 was. I was extracting the download to a file on my computer called SmokedGlass.rom.tgz. Extracting it was the problem. Thanks Sped101 for your help.:icon_ banana:

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
anyone find out what error status 99 means? I get it will installing smoked glass with 2.0.1 launcher

I have heard that sliding the keyboard closed when getting an error will give you more information on the error, but have not seen this for myself.

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
I don't know what error 32 is but changing the backup name seemed to fix it, at least for me.

I also got an error 32 doing a backup. I think it was due to improper naming. It looked like I accidentally typed a space as the first letter of the name but maybe a space anywhere in the name would cause an error 32.

G

gavron

Today I wanted to switch from ChevyNo1's kernel back to AdamZ's LV kernel.

I got an error 25... after twice confirming that I wasn't double-directory-dipping.

I had /sdcard/nandroid/adamz-lv-kernel/
In there were all the files. (META-INF/, system/, etc.)

After getting frustrated, I ended up just pulling the BOOT part of a pre-Chevy kernel backup.

E

arebornphoenix1

Reaction score
im done

i have officially given up for 4 days now i have tried every single thing to get this to work even asking for help and giving out my aim name and no replies. i really want this rom right now im on bb2.1 and i love it but too many issues still. if anyone is watching please help me or i will have to forget my hopes of having this wonderfull pain in my #ss on my phone. thanks aim name is riplilman11004..

where is the love?

i need the makers to help the droider :(

Weapondrift

Reaction score
i have officially given up for 4 days now i have tried every single thing to get this to work even asking for help and giving out my aim name and no replies. i really want this rom right now im on bb2.1 and i love it but too many issues still. if anyone is watching please help me or i will have to forget my hopes of having this wonderfull pain in my #ss on my phone. thanks aim name is riplilman11004..

where is the love?

i need the makers to help the droider :(

is it only this one ROM you are having issues with or have you tried any more roms?