Nandroid Error Codes

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thought I would start this to put nandroid error codes in one place as well as the fix for them if known. So if u have any and know the fix please post to add to the list.

Nandroid error codes with known issue

14 - Seems to happen when applying a .rom.tgz format. There is too many extensions at the end (I.e. .rom.tgz.tgz, needs to be .rom.tgz) Also could be caused by exracting a .rom.tgz . These files need to be left as a .rom.tgz file.

21 - The file name of the folder has a space in it. ( I.e. nandroid/sample rom, needs to be nandroid/samplerom)

25 - The rom is in too many subfolders. ( I.e. nandroid/samplerom/samplerom, it needs to be nandroid/samplerom

28 - The rom is corrupt somehow, simple redownload or pick another mirror site.

31 - Sdcard has become corrupt. Format through android as your PC may not format it correctly.

34 - This is when doing a backup and there isn't enough space on the sdcard. Delete some files to make room and start again.

35 - The name for the backup is too many characters. Simply rename.

Last edited:

GrandMasterB

Reaction score
Ohhh its about time man! I have sent several emails out over the past several weeks trying to aquire status codes meanings but nobody is talking.:( This was a great idea.

Thanks!

Signum

Reaction score
i had error 32 before when backing up my phone once

dont remember what cause it or how i fixed it unfortunately =(

its.mike

Reaction score
I don't know what error 32 is but changing the backup name seemed to fix it, at least for me.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Exit code 35 appears to be a file name too long. I was trying to save "buglessbeast1.1stock", changed to to "BB1.1stock" and it backed up fine. Going to have to try to find a maximum file name length.

thatguychuck

Reaction score
I think error 34 is not enough space on the sdcard to complete the tasks.

I also got an error 99 once, but it was when I was monkeying around with a ROM file, so probably was just some sort of fatal error.

OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think error 34 is not enough space on the sdcard to complete the tasks.

I also got an error 99 once, but it was when I was monkeying around with a ROM file, so probably was just some sort of fatal error.

So you got error 34 when trying to do a backup?

banoonish

Reaction score
Thought I would start this to put nandroid error codes in one place as well as the fix for them if known. So if u have any and know the fix please post to add to the list.

Nandroid error codes with known issue

21 - The file name of the folder has a space in it. ( I.e. nandroid/sample rom, needs to be nandroid/samplerom)

25 - The rom is in too many subfolders. ( I.e. nandroid/samplerom/samplerom, it needs to be nandroid/samplerom
28 - The rom is corrupt somehow, simple redownload or pick another mirror site.

35 - The name for the backup is too many characters. Simply rename.

What does error code 14 mean?

thatguychuck

Reaction score
OP
thebowers

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, updated the OP.

jlutz555

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure there's an error code that will not allow you to do a backup or restore if you're below a certain battery level. I recieved the same error numerous times and reconnected my charged and waited a bit and tried again with the exact same file name and it went fine

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ohhh its about time man! I have sent several emails out over the past several weeks trying to aquire status codes meanings but nobody is talking.:( This was a great idea.

Thanks!

What gives with that. Someone created the error codes so somebody should know what they all stand for. Unless some are just random numbers!

anyways...bump...if you know any, add them to the list

Reaction score
About this nandroid thing...i feel stupid asking this question but I'm stumped. I had foolishly rooted my phone then realizing that I don't know enough to get into all this detailed stuff that I'm not prepared to do, I went back to stock without any problems. Everything is good but I still have the nandroid on my Astro. Since I'm not rooted anymore is there any need for it? Can I delete these files? Thanks in advance.