nandroid restore error code 20

subliminal

Reaction score
i used the you tube videos from droid review part 1 and 2 to create a nandroid backup. i followed his directions exactly and the only differences i can see is i have recovery 0.99.3b rather than 2b. and the droid root helper app seems to be a bit newer. i cant seem to get the restores to work. i get code 20. anybody know what this means and have any insight?

i will also add that it says

e: cant mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or dev/block/mmcblk0)
no such file or directory
e:cant mount sdcard:/nandroid

not sure what im missing but the files are there on my sd card

Last edited:

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
i used the you tube videos from droid review part 1 and 2 to create a nandroid backup. i followed his directions exactly and the only differences i can see is i have recovery 0.99.3b rather than 2b. and the droid root helper app seems to be a bit newer. i cant seem to get the restores to work. i get code 20. anybody know what this means and have any insight?

i will also add that it says

e: cant mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or dev/block/mmcblk0)
no such file or directory
e:cant mount sdcard:/nandroid

not sure what im missing but the files are there on my sd card

Not sure about your error code but i bet the files just corrupted. i suggest just reinstalling the rom and theme- It doesnt take too long doing this. Btw if sbrecovery isnt working try downloading Rom manager from market. It has an accurate download of sbrecovery as well as its own recovery that has lots of features.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Can you list the steps you followed? I can't check the youtube videos right now. You have the most current version of sprecovery so that's good, but the video is out of date if it's on 2b, and way out of date at that. Also are you on 2.2 or 2.1 right now? rooted or unrooted?

I looked and can't find what error 20 is, seems rare and no answer as to what causes it exactly.

OP
S

subliminal

Reaction score
Can you list the steps you followed? I can't check the youtube videos right now. You have the most current version of sprecovery so that's good, but the video is out of date if it's on 2b, and way out of date at that. Also are you on 2.2 or 2.1 right now? rooted or unrooted?

I looked and can't find what error 20 is, seems rare and no answer as to what causes it exactly.
im on rooted 2.0.1 i am a total noob. i used the droidroothelper app and loaded all the tools , and thencreated a backup. it creates the backup i just cant get it to restore. i am new to the rom thing, im trying to do a backup and verify it will restore before i venture into new roms. im thinking i may need to start fresh , unroot and go from there but im not sure any insight is great. ive tinkered a bit and im not a complete moron but this is confusing the piss outta me!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the droid helper app so I do not know what tools it adds.

What recovery (SPR or CW) did you use to create backup?

Mike

solution

Reaction score

im on rooted 2.0.1 i am a total noob. i used the droidroothelper app and loaded all the tools , and thencreated a backup. it creates the backup i just cant get it to restore. i am new to the rom thing, im trying to do a backup and verify it will restore before i venture into new roms. im thinking i may need to start fresh , unroot and go from there but im not sure any insight is great. ive tinkered a bit and im not a complete moron but this is confusing the piss outta me!

Error code 20 means folder doesn't exist. Did you create the nandroid folder on your sdcard? If not you need to. Make sure its lowercse too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk