Stuck on the "M" ans it reboots itself.. Need Help!!

caviglez

Reaction score
So last night I was trying to update my ROM with the Ultimate Droid OTA.... this is the link www.droidforums.net/forum/blackdroid/33673-ultimate-droid-ota-9-0-0-insanely-smooth-too-many-fixes-themeable-framework.html and I was following this steps.

Rom Manager (Downloadable free from the Market) Nandroid Backup Installation Instructions: (For Newcomers to Ultimate Droid)
-Will Have to Backup Apps & Wipe Data and Cache
-Update & backup any files you wish to restore
-Extract the files from the archive using WinRAR or a similar program
-Place the extracted folder (the ROM) into the "backup" folder inside "clockworkrom" folder on your sdcard
-Reboot into recovery mode (hold the power and "x" button at the same time)
-Choose Nandroid, Make Backup of Old Rom (optional)
-Do a Factory Reset
-Go Into Partition Menu
-Format SYSTEM
-Format BOOT
-Go Back With Power Button
-Choose Nandroid
-Restore UltimateDroid
-Enjoy!

but for some reason I could not find the "backup" folder or the "clockworkroom" so I made one... thats probably what messed me up... I had already made a back up of my old ROM in the nandroid... I followed the rest of the steps and now it keeps rebooting... I keep clicking update.zip from the sd card but nothing happens and I have no Idea how to access my back up from there either... It would be awesome if someone could help me.. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting into recovery, nandroid backup simple latest. reboot

OP
C

caviglez

Reaction score
nothing happens anymore when I push the "power" button and "X" at the same time... it stays in the "M" screen... and something tells me the battery is drained but that is weird because i was charging all night.... right now i have it connected to my laptop but it wont turn on

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You will get it to charge faster if you plug it into the wall.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
By the way you are running clockwork aren't you. It will be different since you can not access nandroid backup from clockwork.

OP
C

caviglez

Reaction score
ok... is plugged to the wall now and it turned on by itself... but nothing happens when I try to push both buttons at the same time... meybe it needs to be charged up a bit more... it stays in the "M" screen

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Since it has been charged overnight try this.

Unplug the phone.
Turn the phone off.
Hold X while turning the phone back on, don't let go of X until you see recovery or 30 seconds or so. You don't have to hold the power button once the phone turns on, just X.

OP
C

caviglez

Reaction score
yeah.. i'm running clockwork... that is why i feel stuck... I hadn't used that program before and now I don't know what to do..

OP
C

caviglez

Reaction score
I tried doing the unplug phone and x thing but the phone just turns off and doesn't respond unless is connected and even then it just keeps rebooting...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
my bad bro; im still in class. What we need to do is get you with enough power we can reboot you into recovery. Even though clockwork is different it is still a good recovery; and you can mount your phone in recovery mode to remove or add a clean rom to get you booted up.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
If it doesn't turn on at all while unplugged, it sounds as though you are having battery issues. It could mean it just needs to charge for a while, or it could be something else more severe (busted battery for example).

Try holding X while plugging the phone in, see if that gets you up. Essentially what you want to do is hold X, before and while it is powering up. If this has to happen while you plug it in so be it.

If that doesn't work try hold the up arrow on the directional pad then plugging it in, see if that gets you to the boot loader screen.

E2A if you get to either one, let it sit there for a couple hours at least before proceeding. It should charge on either of those screens.

OP
C

caviglez

Reaction score
my bad bro; im still in class. What we need to do is get you with enough power we can reboot you into recovery. Even though clockwork is different it is still a good recovery; and you can mount your phone in recovery mode to remove or add a clean rom to get you booted up.

No prob... I had to ran some errands and let the phone charging but there was no response when I unplugged it so i'm gonna se i I can do what "acupilloflol" recomended it and I will post the results... thanks guys

OP
C

caviglez

Reaction score
If it doesn't turn on at all while unplugged, it sounds as though you are having battery issues. It could mean it just needs to charge for a while, or it could be something else more severe (busted battery for example).

Try holding X while plugging the phone in, see if that gets you up. Essentially what you want to do is hold X, before and while it is powering up. If this has to happen while you plug it in so be it.

If that doesn't work try hold the up arrow on the directional pad then plugging it in, see if that gets you to the boot loader screen.

E2A if you get to either one, let it sit there for a couple hours at least before proceeding. It should charge on either of those screens.

ok so the "x" thing didn't work, but I tried the arrow up while plugin in the phone and it gave me a black screen with the following... Booyloader 2C.6C and a blinking "Battery Low, Cannot Program"

OP
C

caviglez

Reaction score
I just got it in to the recovery mode.... what do I do from there.... I'm hoping it will stay there 'till I get a response

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Let it charge a little bit longer, I am pretty sure it charges in recovery. I know it does in bootloader, I helped someone through with getting into boot loader to charge before. So if she doesn't charge in recovery you can try bootloader again. You won't get any sort of indication that you are charging in either I don't believe.

Being that your phone is completely dead, I would wait at least an hour before attempting to recover a backup or any sort of install. I know the official updates always say to have at least 40% battery before installing them, it doesn't require that much power but enough juice to get you through the entire process would be nice. You can attempt after 20 - 30 minutes if you really want. A wall charger charges faster than a computer port charger.

But basically what you are going to want to do is recover a backup you made, or reinstall a ROM that is still on your sdcard. I can be more specific if you don't understand what I am talking about.