Motorola Event August 2nd

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It sounds like Motorola has announced an event at their Chicago HQ for August 2nd at 2PM (CST). They released a teaser video to You Tube, without many details. The release states:

"Mark your calendar. On August 2, we’re making a big announcement at Motorola’s HQ in Chicago. Say “hello” to a whole new way to connect, stream, download, video chat, and more. Are you ready?"

My guess is that we will see the rumored Motorola One (and possibly the One Power) and the Z3 Force at this event. And hopefully a few new Moto Mods for 2018. My calendar is definitely marked.

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
I'm about to finish paying off my moto z force and have been itching for a new phone. Been waiting to pay off this one so I can keep in case I don't go with another Moto so I can still use my jbl mod. I have been tempted to pull the trigger on a pixel XL but have held off this far. I'm interested to see what they bring to the table.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Remember to mark your calendars for 14:00 / 2:00 PM CST today boys & girls. Moto has something new for us. :cool:

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Looking forward to the announcement. I hope that it is a truly incredible event. But, my itch earlier, got itched with a Pixel 2 XL. So, my Moto days may be over. We'll see how the day goes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ardeleon09

Reaction score
Looking forward to the announcement. I hope that it is a truly incredible event. But, my itch earlier, got itched with a Pixel 2 XL. So, my Moto days may be over. We'll see how the day goes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
On the same boat as you and with the 2 XL dropping in price with the new Pixel coming out which I don't like the design of. It's getting really hard to stay in the Moto camp.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Are we there yet? ;)
Are you finally giving up your trusty Turbo for something new?

No matter what happens today I made up my mind I am staying in the Moto camp a while longer. Either one of the new phones announced today, or a Z2 Force with their $399 sale. I love the Pixel 2XL, but want to get another year or so out of all the Moto Mods I bought.

Ardeleon09

Reaction score

No matter what happens today I made up my mind I am staying in the Moto camp a while longer. Either one of the new phones announced today, or a Z2 Force with their $399 sale. I love the Pixel 2XL, but want to get another year or so out of all the Moto Mods I bought.

Which mods did you purchase? I have the JBL mod which I got with the phone for free through Best Buy. I've been eyeing a battery mod if I decide to keep the phone longer but this Oreo update has caused a lot of weird slow downs and Bluetooth issues for me.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Which mods did you purchase? I have the JBL mod which I got with the phone for free through Best Buy. I've been eyeing a battery mod if I decide to keep the phone longer but this Oreo update has caused a lot of weird slow downs and Bluetooth issues for me.

Yes, Oreo has caused a few issues for many people. My battery is terrible. But...to the question:

Incipio Off Grid battery
Moto Turbo Battery
Moto Power Pack battery (X2)
Kate Spade battery (wife)
Hasselblad Camera
JBL Soundboost (X3)
Instashare Projector
All colors of fake wood Style Shells
Wireless Style Shells (one gray and one flower print for the wife)

I have five total Moto Z phones in the family. Four are active & in-use and a Moto Z Play Droid as a spare.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

Myself....just replaced the battery. Should be good to go for 3 more years (I also unlocked it and am running like Android 7.2). It's basically a tank and still looks brand new, though it does browse the interent a bit slower than I'd like.

Wanting a smaller phone. Though I noticed the Galaxy S9 is less wide, but longer. Eyeing the Sony XZ2 compact, which works on Verizon.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
My eye has been on the titanium hydrogen one. Just because one eyed people should have a "3D" phone. Kinda like my Alienware and ROG computers when I don't game. But I do love my Moto's.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk