Rather than going Oreo

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
This Moto Z3 may be better to upgrade to????

Fresh off its Moto Z3 Play announcement, Motorola has more to share. On August 2, at Moto HQ in Chicago, they’ll unveil their next device.

Will it be the flagship Moto Z3? Could it be one of their new Motorola One devices? My bet is on the Moto Z3 if they plan to host an event of some kind, especially since they are calling this “big” and describing the device as a new way to do almost everything you do with a smartphone:

Mark your calendar. On August 2, we’re making a big announcement at Motorola’s HQ in Chicago. Say “hello” to a whole new way to connect, stream, download, video chat, and more. Are you ready?

Motorola also tells us that this device will “change the way people will use and interact with their phones.”

Excited for something “big” from Moto?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Moto just announced a major event on August 2nd, at their Chicago HQ (or somewhere in Chicago). We can only guess and speculate what that means. Possibly a Z3 Force? Hard to say. But...any new phones they release this year will have Oreo already installed. Oreo is the current OS so new phones will have it out of the box.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
And hopefully, you can customize alerts and ringtone sounds without a hassle.
I've not gotten an Oreo update notification. I like my phone like it is, but rather than updating and dealing with headaches, I'm inclined to keep what I've gotta that not broken and see what the new phone has to offer.
Moto just announced a major event on August 2nd, at their Chicago HQ (or somewhere in Chicago). We can only guess and speculate what that means. Possibly a Z3 Force? Hard to say. But...any new phones they release this year will have Oreo already installed. Oreo is the current OS so new phones will have it out of the box.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I've not gotten an Oreo update notification. I like my phone like it is, but rather than updating and dealing with headaches, I'm inclined to keep what I've gotta that not broken and see what the new phone has to offer.

So far it seems not the case.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8

see the following for more info about the announcement. as you say, they are keeping pretty quiet as to what the announcement will be.

Motorola will reveal its next phone on August 2nd

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

That's a tough call, and a decision only you can make. If you are seriously considering a new phone soon, it may not be worth while to update your Z Play to 8.0 now. There are some things about Oreo I like. But it's not like you would be missing any ground breaking, Earth shattering functionality by stay on 7.1.

My Z Play Droid hasn't received any upgrade notifications yet. Mine is my family backup phone. So I will upgrade it and then instantly factory reset.