New Moto Z for 2019? (and other new Moto Phone rumors)

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
You aren't going to find a Shattershield screen on any phone other than a Moto - Droid Turbo 2, Z Force or Z2 Force. Those were the only three phones ever made with Shattershield.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I want a phone that is shatter resistant and easily rechargable and water proof I don't want to go back to using a case and carrying bulky batteries I am hoping Moto comes out with something equivalent with a faster processor etc I don't care if the call it a z3 force or if the mods are called something else but it would be a shame if they abandoned all the advances

Let play what if Moto doesn't come out with another unbreakable phone what Android is in second place with long battery life and waterproof?

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
You aren't going to find a Shattershield screen on any phone other than a Moto - Droid Turbo 2, Z Force or Z2 Force. Those were the only three phones ever made with Shattershield.

I googled Moto Z4 rumors and one article said it will be Snapdragon 8150 chipset with a 5G MotoMod. If that's true the z4 will continue Moto mods and hopefully if not shatter shield at least be hard to break.
Is the 8150 a big improvement over what's in Z2 force and has anyone heard anything else similarly
The same article said Lenovo would be pushing the z and g lines

I think they should bake 5g into the z4 line so you can be on 5g with a different mod on . Is 5g a thing yet? I watch CBS all access to catch up on CBS shows and the advertise the 5g mod continuously but I haven't seen it in a store to try it out?

The Moto g line is that the lower end of the Moto phones or is there a high end g phone? Are the g phones the same as z without the mid capability?

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Moto G is a mid range phone. In my opinion the absolute best bang for the buck phone if you don't want the best specs, but a good phone with clean, stock Android.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
And the new Odin phone is just a rumor at this point. It is rumored to use Moto Mods....all rumors at this point.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
But let's try to keep this thread focused on the new, rumored Moto phones of 2019. .

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
6T made by OnePlus as Sajo said. OnePlus is actually a subsidiary of Oppo (big co).

Pere what's the draw the fast speed?
It's fast. Very fast. Holds programs in memory longer then any phone I've used, thanks to 8gb of ram. Build quality is excellent. Naked, it feels very lux. Screen is gorgeous. Runs on its own OS (called Oxygen) that is so close to stock it could fool the best of us. But with cool additions like changing the quick toggle colors...to ANY color. See attached. Battery life is sick and OPs Quick Charge tech is the 2nd fastest there is behind only Pocophone F1 by...Oppo. This is the first phone I've had that comfortably goes 2 days with medium use. The tear drop notch is unobtrusive. You can also use screen gestures while the screen is dark (witchcraft) and I set mine to draw V for flashlight. Finally something close to Moto's class leading chop. Price starts at $550. Has a hard button slider for Ring, Mute, Vibrate.
Cons: Camera is just ok. Proprietary cable and charger needed for Dash Charge as they call it
That's it. Shines in every other way.

Re: 5G. Pretty sure it's not live in any city yet.

Re: Z3. it's really not a bad phone. Coworker that I convinced to get a Z1 just did not want to pay full price for a phone. VZW had a Black Friday sale on the 3 and she got it. So for like $250 she got a Z3. I set it up for her. Fingerprint reader is on the side and works great. More screen then the Z2. It is a worthy upgrade for a Z1 user, no question.
She's loving it. She never set up the FP reader on her Z and I didn't push it hard. I did this time and that side reader works damn well. She loves it. And her battery goes all day.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
d5b31ee01bd64bbc1839eeba46ff6945.jpg

Last edited:

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
6T made by OnePlus as Sajo said. OnePlus is actually a subsidiary of Oppo (big co).

It's fast. Very fast. Holds programs in memory longer then any phone I've used, thanks to 8gb of ram. Build quality is excellent. Naked, it feels very lux. Screen is gorgeous. Runs on its own OS (called Oxygen) that is so close to stock it could fool the best of us. But with cool additions like changing the quick toggle colors...to ANY color. See attached. Battery life is sick and OPs Quick Charge tech is the 2nd fastest there is behind only Pocophone F1 by...Oppo. This is the first phone I've had that comfortably goes 2 days with medium use. The tear drop notch is unobtrusive. You can also use screen gestures while the screen is dark (witchcraft) and I set mine to draw V for flashlight. Finally something close to Moto's class leading chop. Price starts at $550. Has a hard button slider for Ring, Mute, Vibrate.
Cons: Camera is just ok. Proprietary cable and charger needed for Dash Charge as they call it
That's it. Shines in every other way.

Re: 5G. Pretty sure it's not live in any city yet.

Re: Z3. it's really not a bad phone. Coworker that I convinced to get a Z1 just did not want to pay full price for a phone. VZW had a Black Friday sale on the 3 and she got it. So for like $250 she got a Z3. I set it up for her. Fingerprint reader is on the side and works great. More screen then the Z2. It is a worthy upgrade for a Z1 user, no question.
She's loving it. She never set up the FP reader on her Z and I didn't push it hard. I did this time and that side reader works damn well. She loves it. And her battery goes all day.

d5b31ee01bd64bbc1839eeba46ff6945.jpg
Interesting review seems impassioned like I am with the way I wsih Moto would continue

Is it waterproof and how shatter resistant is it . If I can't drop it daily I would need a case

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Speaking of Moto rumors for 2019, the Moto G7 is looking like another impressive mid-range phone. I still believe the Moto G series packs the best bang-for-your-buck into any mid range phone. And the G7 rumors look pretty good. Some sources believe there might be four models next year: G7, G7 Play, G7 Plus, and a G7 Power. This is all still rumors at this point, so take it with a few grains of salt.

From XDA: The Motorola Moto G7 Mid-Range Smartphone: What we know so far

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Interesting review seems impassioned like I am with the way I wsih Moto would continue

Is it waterproof and how shatter resistant is it . If I can't drop it daily I would need a case

Not officially waterproof but the YouTube water test videos say otherwise. Kind of like Apple and the 7 or 8. Never said it was water proof bit it kind of was.
Another refreshing change, it comes with a (mediocre but better then nothing) screen protector already applied. And a clear case. How many companies include that?
Gorilla Glass 5 on the back and 6 on the front. I wouldn't expect miracles from unprotected drops.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Speaking of Moto rumors for 2019, the Moto G7 is looking like another impressive mid-range phone. I still believe the Moto G series packs the best bang-for-your-buck into any mid range phone. And the G7 rumors look pretty good. Some sources believe there might be four models next year: G7, G7 Play, G7 Plus, and a G7 Power. This is all still rumors at this point, so take it with a few grains of salt.

From XDA: The Motorola Moto G7 Mid-Range Smartphone: What we know so far

Agree. Motos got the best mid rangers.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I was just reading the same thing on a different site. From what I have read, the phone has Moto Mod pins but is 6" + which would mean all current Moto Mods would not fit. I guess we have to wait & see until later this year?

Yep, time will tell. This G7 is great but I do miss my Z. Maybe when I'm ready to upgrade they'll still have the Z line and T-Mo will be carrying it. At that point it'll be the Z5 or even the Z6.

Soccerref12

Reaction score
I would think that the same Moto mods that worked with the Z, Z2 and Z3 lines would continue with the Z4. In the past when Moto increased the screen size they reduced the bezel.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I would think that the same Moto mods that worked with the Z, Z2 and Z3 lines would continue with the Z4. In the past when Moto increased the screen size they reduced the bezel.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
True. But they said over & over that they would provide three years of compatibility. I have seen other rumors that suggest the Moto Mods in 2019 will be completely different and not compatible with the first three generations. But it's all just rumors now.