New Moto Z for 2019? (and other new Moto Phone rumors)

Soccerref12

Reaction score
True. But they said over & over that they would provide three years of compatibility. I have seen other rumors that suggest the Moto Mods in 2019 will be completely different and not compatible with the first three generations. But it's all just rumors now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I really liked my Moto Z and now my Moto Z3. If hate to lose the use of my two battery and JBL speakers mods with future Moto Z devices.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm guessing they decided to stick with the compatibility for this gen since they didn't do quite as well as they hoped.

Tapatalk'ing on my 1+ 6t

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing they decided to stick with the compatibility for this gen since they didn't do quite as well as they hoped.

Tapatalk'ing on my 1+ 6t
Makes sense. Z3 was a flop I guess. If z4 compatible with mods I'll buy one. If it's not, and I need to buy all new mods....sayonara.

ButtholesRGross

Reaction score
Let's go Moto give us the next high spec phone ..

Pixel 2 XL using Tapa
Motorola really screwed me over hard guys. I bought a brand new moto z2 play a while back from Verizon. Shortly after i switched to Tmobile because in my area Verizon is terrible and T-Mobile is way better , (my area not looking for a carrier fight right now) anyhoo my z2 play had a terrible screen burn in the first week! Then I noticed big time lagging .even as I time this the screen freezes and I will keep typing and then have to stop and wait for the phone to catch up.
I contacted Motorola via their website because I had a warranty! So I tried to make a claim but there site was busted so I called and waited and sent emails and waitww finally I got an email back that gave me directions about how to make a claim. Nice but not why I contacted them none the less I follow their directions and discovered that yet again their site did not work. Long story short for 6 months I had back and forth with them price changes regarding my warranty until finally my warranty expired in which I had a representative tell me sorry too bad! Omg I was pissed. Then I finally was told I needed to contact a higher up last I heard they wanted $150 plus another $25 to send a refurbished phone.
JUST BEWARE OF MOTOROLA BECAUSE IF YOU GET THE UNLUCKY ONE THAT DOESNT WORK....YOU ARE STUCK. THEY PROVIDE TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! . I had an LG once that was replaced immediately, a friend had a Samsung that was replaced and I don't even need to mention the fruity phones

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with their customer service. I have had nothing but positive experiences with their customer service & warranty department.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Same Here. Contacted Moto with Issue with a Charger and they replaced it no issues. My Dad got his Moto Z Force Replaced no Issues when his Radio Failed under Warranty. Replaced it within few days. Sometimes I think we get People that like to Troll some Manufacturers.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Good thing I traded in my blackberry storm instead of my V3 razr. Saved myself 1500 buckaroos. Might need a new battery

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The folks over at XDA posted some rumored renders of the 2019 Moto G7. From all the rumors it sounds like another stellar mid range phone, and will continue the Moto G reputation for being a great phone for the money.

Source: XDA - Press renders for the entire Moto G7 smartphone series have leaked

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Here is a rumored video of the rumored Moto G7 Power. Being a rumor, take it with a grain of salt. But....for me personally, if Verizon sells the G7 like they do the G6 I might actually get one of these. I'm not one of those people that has to have a "flagship" phone. Give me a good phone, with snappy performance, decent battery life and clean Android & I'm happy. The Moto G series checks all those boxes, and the G7 Power could be very impressive if the price stays similar to the G6 line.

Motorola Moto G7 Power Spotted!!!:

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The G Series never has the best specs. That's why they are mid range phones. But if you have never used one.....you wouldn't know it's a mid range phone if it was in a nice case. The OS is clean & smooth, with great battery life. They aren't meant for heavy users, or die hard tech enthusiasts. They are meant for people on a budget, or just don't like spending a lot to get a nice phone; and pack a whole lot into a phone at a really good price. That's the appeal.....not the specs on paper. They are very popular in Brazil, which would reason why many of the Moto G launch events happen in Brazil.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Here is my problem with moto phones:
3 z phones (regular, force, play)
1 X phone
4 g phones(regular, plus, power, play)
3 e phones (regular, play, plus)

That's 11 phones about every year(i know there wasn't force last year) but the point still stands. They only need to have 3 models. Budget with lowest specs and price about 100, mid tier with decent specs and mediocre price around 300 and a flagship that has best of everything for 600-700. They are too fragmented for their own good. Options are good to have but when you have 4 models of a mid tier phone something is wrong with your marketing.

Soccerref12

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with all the choices. It's basically 4 phones with slightly different hardware components to cater to a variety of users; gamers, power users, basic users, etc.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk