Motorola Private Event Announced: August 1st

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
MotoX-invite.jpg

This past spring, Motorola did say that a new Moto X would be out in late summer. True to their word, a private press event has been announced for August 1st. As you can see this is clearly a Moto X event. As a private event, there will not be any live blogging giving you those minute by minute details. Apparently expecting a large crowd, they are going to have 5 separate sessions for the press. However, no one will be getting "the big scoop" because in order to attend you must agree to what is called an embargo. This is a term co-opted by the marketing industry which means if you attend a session, you agree to not release any details until a certain date or time (3pm, in this case).

SOURCE: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Moto...-August-1st-with-No-Stage.-No-Crowds._id45511

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Right? When I looked for somewhere else to get the photo, I almost used one from the London event announcing the ORIGINAL Moto X in London.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Have they been free from Google long enough for this version to include an SD card?

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The latest rumors DO point to it having an SD Card slot. Although I've seen another post saying NO. Find out Friday! :D

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you sure this is happening Friday? The link you you included is from July 2013.

We will find out.

Motorola normally sends out invites to various media to be there when they unveil their devices. With the moto 360 sure to be one of the crowd favors I am sure they will not hold back on wanting to make sure the words gets out about the availability of their devices.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
O snap. :( How did I miss that...
2 damn excited...

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no biggie, pick back up and keep posting. The article it self was good you have your image, you write up, and your source so a good start all together. Keep writing.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
LoneWolf's post makes more sense now (and my reply really funny). lol
I just thought he was referring to it being the same date.