Motorola Droid Battery Life Poll

Card

Reaction score
Here's what I'm running:
Droid 1
Stock battery
ChevyNo1 1.0ghz Low Voltage Kernel (SetCPU Max: 1000mhz, Min: 125mhz)
MIUI 1.4.29 ROM

I generally leave it on the charger when I'm at home. I work 12 hour shifts, but don't use my phone all that much at work. I generally check FB and Twitter a couple times, reply to e-mails and texts, and maybe some quick browsing. If I barely touch my phone at all, it will be at 70% after 12 hours. If I use it a decent amount, it will be at around 30%.

But when I'm not at work, and using it a steady amount, I'll get about 10-12 hours off a charge before I need to hook it back up to a power source.

My record is 8 days on one charge. Granted, that was while I was hiking through the mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee, and I only turned the phone on once a day for a couple of minutes just to pull messages, then shut it back off. :)

grja711

Reaction score
6:45 unplug and go to work text calls and a few emails all day. Have to find charger by 7PM

Sent from my VM670 using DroidForums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get anywhere from 13 to 20 hours depending on whether I use heavily that day or if its more moderate use.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Normal 1390mah battery:
Light usage: 12-15 hours
Medium usage: 8-10 hours
Heavy usage: 4-6 hours

Extended 2800mah battery:
Light usage: 27-31 hours
Medium usage: 18-20 hours
Heavy usage: 10-13 hours
Super Massively Usage: 8 hours

[_] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
[x] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 1.1
Tapatalk

Osssmon

Reaction score
If I use the features/app I might get 6-8 hours. Only at night while sleeping will I have 50% when I wake up.

androidweirdo

Reaction score
My Droid is amazing in battery. I do a fair amount in everything probably average. I use app killers and things though so after I finish a game or any app I go to the program and kill it and I found this saves like 20%. I have about 40% from 5:30 til 9:30 without charging.
DROID

app killers= BAD FOR ANDROID
android has app killer built into the system i.e the samsung fascinate, if i remember correctly you press and hold the home button and you had a task manager right there but android does everything you need it to do app managing wise with out you even knowing it! DON'T USE APP KILLERS BAD FOR PHONE

anDroid_guy

Reaction score
app killers= BAD FOR ANDROID
android has app killer built into the system i.e the samsung fascinate, if i remember correctly you press and hold the home button and you had a task manager right there but android does everything you need it to do app managing wise with out you even knowing it! DON'T USE APP KILLERS BAD FOR PHONE

This doesn't work on my Droid. :(

Still using the app killer.