Motorola Droid Battery Life Poll

nbraker

Reaction score
Battery life is generally less than 12 hours for me daily. I keep my droid connected to charger constantly because I choose to run it at faster CPU speeds and run background processes that eat battery power.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I said 7 to 9 only because some days I tend to use my phone all the time to surf or text buddies. I also get into games like Angry Birds at work, or watch youtube sometimes when I am bored. I always charge my phone while im driving in the car so that helps...

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've killed an entire battery in an hour lol to many rom changes and theme changes in that hour but average usually like 6 i think i always have to charge it through out the day i install to much stuff a day and download tons of files from the internet it's currently 12:21 and my battery is at 50% lol

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
well i had the original battery and i had to but the extended battery cause i would kill it playing games and doing other things. i also purchased an external battery pack from new trent when ever i go out and dont have a way to charge my phone so far so good...

dbst

Reaction score
I have about 50% left every night with 16 hours without a charge with moderate usage

krichford

Reaction score
I said 10 - 12 - that is with light to medium use during the week as I am at WORK - WORKING LOL

If I am playing a game or on FB or playing a game for a few hours then 6 or less lifetime.

Card

Reaction score
I work 12 hour shifts, without the opportunity to charge. Plus I usually have errands before or after work. So, generally speaking, I will go about 14-15 hours with my phone off the charger. However, I usually still have at least a 40 or 50% charge remaining. To do this, I generally keep the screen at it's darkest setting and try not to check the phone constantly. I do what I need to do on the phone about once an hour, short of answering text messages. I also don't play games, have the sound on, or use a lot of memory-intensive apps, which I know helps substaintially.

However, the best I've done with fairly heavy usage was one VERY full day. Left my house at 5:00am, drove the airport, flew to Nashville, spent the day around town, flew home to Orlando, drove back from the airport, and made it to bed by around 1:00am the following morning. I used my phone for music, Facebook, and so on during the plane rides to and from, and during the bus rides around Nashville. Called a few people while I was at the airports, used Google Maps, GPS, and Yelp to help me navigate downtown Nashville and find some cool places to eat/drink, and used it as a timepiece since I was an idiot and left my watch on my night stand. Granted, I still left the screen off whenever possible, and when it was on, left it as dark as possible. I also turned off GPS whenever I didn't need it and left WiFi off the entire time. But I managed to get through a 20-hour day...with 5% battery life remaining.

HopiKachinaStar

Reaction score
I've never ran out of juice yet. Using the phone for calls or playing games all day almost non-stop will leave me a little under half charge at bedtime. I've got the larger extended battery.

Sent from my DROIDX

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I've never ran out of juice yet. Using the phone for calls or playing games all day almost non-stop will leave me a little under half charge at bedtime. I've got the larger extended battery.
Sent from my DROIDX

And see, THAT'S the point. Keeping your screen turned down real low, having GPS turned off - this is the equivalent of keeping your furnace turned down to 65 deg. in the winter, and using 25 watt light bulbs. Not a very nice way to get by. I have large extended batteries because they permit me to use my phones the way I most enjoy them, with the GPS on all the time and the display cranked way up. This is not a dress rehearsal for life, you only get one bite at the apple folks, so buy an extended battery and get on with living your life and enjoying your phone. :)

-Mike

jbdow

Reaction score
medium to light - can't wait for that new battery to come out that runs on
dilithium crystals...

Reaction score
Sent from my DROIDX

And see, THAT'S the point. Keeping your screen turned down real low, having GPS turned off - this is the equivalent of keeping your furnace turned down to 65 deg. in the winter, and using 25 watt light bulbs. Not a very nice way to get by. ...
-Mike

In contrast, setting the screen to full burn and enabling GPS when you're inside an office building all day is like turning the heat up to 95 and opening the windows. Not very smart. ...and I happen to think 65 is a perfect temperature. Cheap shots aside, stock battery, moderate use, a few calls, social stuff, and a little wireless tether all day long. 50% or so when it's time for bed.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Sent from my DROIDX

And see, THAT'S the point. Keeping your screen turned down real low, having GPS turned off - this is the equivalent of keeping your furnace turned down to 65 deg. in the winter, and using 25 watt light bulbs. Not a very nice way to get by. ...
-Mike

In contrast, setting the screen to full burn and enabling GPS when you're inside an office building all day is like turning the heat up to 95 and opening the windows. Not very smart. ...and I happen to think 65 is a perfect temperature. Cheap shots aside, stock battery, moderate use, a few calls, social stuff, and a little wireless tether all day long. 50% or so when it's time for bed.

If you're happy with your setup, then fine. Myself, I want the max from my phones and extended batteries permit me to run everything the way I want and not be concerned about the battery's charge level. Different strokes for different folks. :)

-Mike

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I'm generally a moderate user.

I check my Exchange and Gmail accounts whenever I get a notification (maybe 50 emails between the two each day) and reply when necessary, send texts back and forth (approximately 30 texts a day), and make about an hour's worth of phone calls. I also check and update Tweetdeck and Facebook apps a few times a day when I'm not around a computer. I also do approximately half an hour of browsing the Android Market each day looking for new and interesting apps. I do very little web browsing, except when I see an intriguing link posted via Twitter or email.

I have GPS turned off unless I'm updating Foursquare or searching for a location. Screen is on the second to last darkest setting, and I find this pretty bright. I have never used WiFi on my Droid, so that's always off.

I'm also rooted with Bugless Beast v6.2.1, overclocked to 800MHz.

I usually get about 24 hours or so out of the phone, with maybe 5% left when I pop it on the charger.

Jeyman

Reaction score
16~

Changed to cyanogenmod about 3 weeks back(maybe longer now? ) after I noticed a update that made it work on my phone again....

Anyways the life has been far better for me. I use to get 6~10 hours. After the change I average 16 hours easy. This has made my moto droid so much better for me. Next phone I do get will have a extended battery.(looking like the evo unless sprint comes out with some dual core love, hate changing from Verizon but its going to happen)