battery life

stemo

Reaction score
What's the average battery life for you guys and gals with the rezound and ICS? With and without extended battery?

My average with the extended battery is right at 18hrs until I'm at 20% and light to medium use.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Heavy use, extended battery , crappy reception. About 16 hours to empty or 6 hours of screen usage time. It's about the same as Gingerbread was. My Inc1 , extended battery, heavy use, crappy reception, went from 6 hours to well over 9 with Gingerbread from froyo so the drop off was a shock when I upgraded to the Rezound and no improvement with ICS but I've adapted.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

acejavelin

Reaction score
Standard Battery - light to moderate use - WiFi disabled - 2 to 3 hours screen time - full day (7:30am-11pm) with 40% battery remaining on 4.3.605.2

Standard Battery - moderate use - WiFi enabled all the time - Push syncing to 2 Exchange email servers - 3 hours screen time - 10-12 hours and it is under 20% on 3.14.605.12

Both phones typically have good to excellent 4G signal, -65dBm to -80dBm around 90% of the time. If I am in an area with poor signal strength (under -85dBm) the battery life falls off quickly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My battery life is terrible since the ics update. Before, it wasn't great, but now u am lucky to get 4 hours.

I use my phone a lot. I have disabled all notifications and check manually, dimmed screen, removed countless apps.....this is just a joke.

I love so much about this phone, but the terrible battery life is going to make me.change for somethin else. I mean...pretty is as pretty does.

TWC42

Reaction score
Light user on a standard battery, brightness on auto. In a 4G area or on WiFi, can easily make it all day on a single charge. Tried the extended battery and hated the added thickness. Don't even like the added thickness of the silicone case, but the phone is a bit more slippery without it.
In an extended area where the signal is weak and I'm on 1X data, can't make it through the afternoon without sticking the phone on the charger.
If I use the phone as a GPS, plugged in to the car charger, the power consumed in the GPS mode leaves little to charge the battery, and after, say a two hour trip, the percentage on my little circle widget reads about the same as it was when I plugged it in.
Even though I have two spare standard batteries, an extended battery, and two external AC battery chargers in addition to multiple AC and DC chargers, I wind up just dealing with the power left in the installed battery and plug it in occasionally when it needs a boost. After all, before cellphones, we didn't sit around the house all day worrying about missing a call. We went about our business and let our answering machine take any missed calls. Why should we be so addicted to a cell phone that we can't do without it for an hour or so during the day while it is on the charger.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Light user on a standard battery, brightness on auto. In a 4G area or on WiFi, can easily make it all day on a single charge. Tried the extended battery and hated the added thickness. Don't even like the added thickness of the silicone case, but the phone is a bit more slippery without it.
In an extended area where the signal is weak and I'm on 1X data, can't make it through the afternoon without sticking the phone on the charger.
If I use the phone as a GPS, plugged in to the car charger, the power consumed in the GPS mode leaves little to charge the battery, and after, say a two hour trip, the percentage on my little circle widget reads about the same as it was when I plugged it in.
Even though I have two spare standard batteries, an extended battery, and two external AC battery chargers in addition to multiple AC and DC chargers, I wind up just dealing with the power left in the installed battery and plug it in occasionally when it needs a boost. After all, before cellphones, we didn't sit around the house all day worrying about missing a call. We went about our business and let our answering machine take any missed calls. Why should we be so addicted to a cell phone that we can't do without it for an hour or so during the day while it is on the charger.

If it's you might miss a phone call or text put Tablet Talk on your tablet and use your phone remotely from your tablet.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

sweaner

Reaction score
My battery life is terrible since the ics update. Before, it wasn't great, but now u am lucky to get 4 hours.

I use my phone a lot. I have disabled all notifications and check manually, dimmed screen, removed countless apps.....this is just a joke.

I love so much about this phone, but the terrible battery life is going to make me.change for somethin else. I mean...pretty is as pretty does.

Have you tried doing a Factory Reset? This should significantly help with your battery life. Mine has gotten back to about what it was before. Give it a shot, well worth it.

svdroiddude

Reaction score

This is pretty much the same for me. To add, if I use my mileage tracking and navigation....throw in a phone call or two and check e-mail....do a bit of 4G web surfing I can kill my standard battery in less than 2 hours. I guess that could be considered HEAVY usage, which mine is subjected to when I'm in the "field". Yeah, the car charger just barely maintains but will not charge when doing those things.:icon_eek:

Myco

Reaction score
sweaner said:
Have you tried doing a Factory Reset? This should significantly help with your battery life. Mine has gotten back to about what it was before. Give it a shot, well worth it.

+1
Better than ever. Post .5 install and a factory reset, the phone can handle being on 4G all day now without having to have a charger available at all times.

OP
S

stemo

Reaction score
Well I tried the battery life on the stock rezound and the life on it was 16hrs with light to medium use.

To the ones who still have problems with ICS just do the factory reset it is well worth it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I tried the battery life on the stock rezound and the life on it was 16hrs with light to medium use.

To the ones who still have problems with ICS just do the factory reset it is well worth it.

If a factory reset would magically improve the craptacular signal I'd do it in a heartbeat but I know mine is lack of good signal and has nothing to do with the phone so I just accept the less than optimal battery life and buy phones based on how well they hold weaker signals along with its capabilities.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Myco

Reaction score
scott craft said:
I've pretty much accepted that my battery life is poor and always will be poor. Hopefully my next phone will do better.

I thought the same thing out of the box. 4G was a killer. Got an extended battery. Although I miss the look of stock, extended battery seems easier to hold. I was on the first ICS leak and extended doubled it to 5 hours heavy usage. It sucked. Just did a factory reset after .5, and I'm getting 14-17 hours.

1tfrot

Reaction score
mine has been great so far. the first couple days it was much worse after the ICS update, but then something just changed and it was tons better. I've tested it twice so far (I usually plug it in every night, but didn't twice to see what it would do) and both times I've been around 1 day 15hours and still had 20-30% left. that is with light use (some calls, little 3g internet browsing, texting)

scott craft

Reaction score
I thought the same thing out of the box. 4G was a killer. Got an extended battery. Although I miss the look of stock, extended battery seems easier to hold. I was on the first ICS leak and extended doubled it to 5 hours heavy usage. It sucked. Just did a factory reset after .5, and I'm getting 14-17 hours.

I have an extended battery. I guess mine does ok because i use it a lot, but all it is is ok and that might be generous.