Extended battery really doesn't last very long..

tc1

Reaction score
I was thinking about the battery life with this phone and past phones using extended batteries.

I wonder if this phone just uses more power all the time in general or if it's sense or what.

I've had phones in the past that would last exponentially longer once I put in an extended battery.

But this rezound seems to last only a few hours more?

Snoking

Reaction score
What is your signal quality? My RZ at home with strong 4g has excellent battery life, including supporting a hotspot sometimes. At our RV lot with poor 3g the battery drains MUCH faster!

OP
T

tc1

Reaction score
-74 dBm

Signal has never been a problem, battery is not terrible, I just expected more.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What is your signal quality? My RZ at home with strong 4g has excellent battery life, including supporting a hotspot sometimes. At our RV lot with poor 3g the battery drains MUCH faster!

Screen time makes a huge difference as well. The screen is the biggest user. I average -95dbm at my house and around town but my screen still is more than double the cell standby (most days at least 10% no signal) and phone idle combined.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano

Caesars

Reaction score
Buy an external charging dock, they do wonders for all my non-maxxs :)

Sent from my LG-AS680 using Tapatalk 2

PatG

Reaction score
Caesars said:
Buy an external charging dock, they do wonders for all my non-maxxs :)

Sent from my LG-AS680 using Tapatalk 2

What do you mean by "external charging dock"?

PatG

Reaction score
With this phone compromises have to be made. I do not like the larger battery!! So I have resorted in keeping 3g off all the time and just toggle it on when I need it. Also because I so spend most of my day in a bad signal area.

But I do love the phone and live with it. And I actually like not being constantly interrupted by incoming emails and Facebook messages

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Like the other's have said it's the screen that kills the battery on this phone. Remember out of all the Verizon phones out there the Rezound and the iphone have the best screen display. I know the iphone beats the Rezound but not by much. I get great battery life with my Rezound. I have my screen turned up to 75% but have nothing synced at all. My signal at home is at - 85dbm. I guess it's how you have your Rezound setup. I am also rooted and running Cleanrom 4.5.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
scott craft said:
My signal right now is - 99 db. Is this good?

It's okay. When my wife had the Gnex hers was like - 120dbm. Talk about a difference between Samsung radios and htc radios.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No that's not good. The lower the number the better. Yours is almost no signal.
It's okay. When my wife had the Gnex hers was like - 120dbm. Talk about a difference between Samsung radios and htc radios.
That means there literally is no signal coming in.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano

Islander53

Reaction score
I found that the HTC extended 2750 battery works great. As previously said, signal strength, screen display, how many apps you have running play a role on how much battery is used. The extra power is very helpful in making my Rezound last all day without a charge.

acejavelin

Reaction score
It is marginal to bad...

Generally speaking:

GET OFF THE TOWER, STUPID: -59 dBm or higher
Excellent: -60 dBm to -70 dBm
Good: -70 dBm to -85 dBm
Marginal: -85 dBm to -100 dBm
Poor: -100 dBm to -115 dBm (bottom range varies by phone, some phones will no longer to be able use mobile data signal at varying numbers in the poor range, the Rezound is one of the better ones though)
No signal: anything -120 dBm or lower