Motorola Droid Battery Life Poll

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^+1 Depends on how bored I get through the day. Average 12-15 hours.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
4b6e6af7-45da-192c.jpg

Off of the stock battery with light/moderate usage.

Sent from my Liberated D2

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
My Stock D1 Batt. with Medium use is around 6 to 8 hrs. I carry a spare and a charger for it. I will change out if I notice the Batt. is less than 50% then I don't have to worry about it. I also get a Batt. pull reset by doing this.

( side note, when I can I use wifi and blue tooth ear piece. I try to keep all apps off that I'm not using. )

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Before giving my DX to my wife. I had a full day use of it with heavy use. My wife is getting much more with not much use.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
I voted 37+ but I am using an extended life battery and running 2.3.4. Original battery would probably be about 15-20.

0vermind

Reaction score
Moderate to light use I get 6 hours. Running the latest Winner build and Ultra Low Voltage Chevy Kernel clocked at 700mhz with 2 homescreens and no widgets or background apps running.

0vermind

Reaction score
My Stock D1 Batt. with Medium use is around 6 to 8 hrs. I carry a spare and a charger for it. I will change out if I notice the Batt. is less than 50% then I don't have to worry about it. I also get a Batt. pull reset by doing this.

( side note, when I can I use wifi and blue tooth ear piece. I try to keep all apps off that I'm not using. )
That's right. I've gotten so sick of my battery dying just by being in my pocket all day. So I now have a total of three batterys. Two of which are brand new. and I have a spare battery charger.

rocket_girl

Reaction score
Medium user I suppose...
Text, call, Facebook, MySpace, and occasional internet. Yesterday I unplugged it at 6:30, and it was completely dead by 3:30, didn't even use the phone or internet once. Normally, runs about 7 hours or so before I need to find one of my many chargers strategically placed throughout my home/car/workspace.

i would probably get your battery checked to make sure its not defective, there have been some droids being shipped with defective batterys

Good to know. Anyone check this and have success w/ confirmation of defect / VZW replacement?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

MonisXx

Reaction score
My battery is okay I think, I am on facebook, twitter, angry birds a whole day and it is 15-30% end of the day around 9-10PM:)! I have had it since April 27th

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

gthotie5

Reaction score
D2G Stock with stock battery gives me 5 hours of texting and pandora that's it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

darkmatter

Reaction score
Using sourcery. I changed to rz lv 800mhz kernel. Wiped battery stats and then drain til dead. I let it go all day and it wasn't close to dead. I left it with the screen on as I went to bed. I wasn't sleeping well, so I kept checking on it. The phone didn't die until I woke up, again, at about 5am.

0vermind

Reaction score
In contrast, setting the screen to full burn and enabling GPS when you're inside an office building all day is like turning the heat up to 95 and opening the windows. Not very smart. ....

That's what I do in the winter in my car! :D So I can blast music. :p