Motorola Droid 2 Keyboard First Pics

bje1982

Reaction score
droid2-keyboard-comp-.jpg

Engadget has posted this photo sent in from a reader of what could be our first look at the Motorola Droid 2 Keyboard! A close look at the two and you'll notice the font used in the lettering is nearly the same. The D-Pad has vanished only to be replaced with an arrow key-pad and the return / shift keys have grown. Current rumors suggest the Droid 2 resemble the Droid almost to a tee with a few cosmetic updates and hardware improvements.

Source: Engadget

That sure looks like the moto backflip keyboard....

Droids

Reaction score
Backflip, not like it at all
Backflip_keyboard.jpg

I think that blue Droid 2 is an early pre-production model. Final version is likely to be somewhat different.

bje1982

Reaction score
Backflip_keyboard.jpg

I think that blue Droid 2 is an early pre-production model. Final version is likely to be somewhat different.

ahh maybe i should of googled it b4 i said that..

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I love my Droid, but don't use the physical keyboard... And not just because its crappy, I just got used to the virtual. Was hoping the Droid 2 did away with it completely... but I guess there are a lot still out there that prefer it....

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Like I posted in another thread it is odd that it doesn't have the menu key.

JTDroid

Reaction score
I don't mind the look of the moto droid keyboard to me it was different, yea it was hard to type on it but it gave it a distinct look, the new keyboard looks too plain and too normal, and i dont like the blue on it (if they decide to keep it)...also they deciding to keep the keyboard because it was one of the selling points of the moto droid, and had advantages over a lot of other phones because of it, without it, it will be like every other touch screen and might not sell as much without it.

:motdroidvert: beats :iphone: any second, minute, hour, day, week, month, year, decade, century, lifetime

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea the keyboard is the reason I chose the Droid over the Eris. The raised keys should make typing better.

The Alt Lock key kinda makes up for it.

You could alt lock on the original Droid by just pressing alt twice. I see the alt-lock as superfluous.

lol, see thats how little I used the keyboard, I forgot about that. The Caps Lock had to be pressed twice too. So, another waste of a key...that they probably could get rid of and other keys to make room for dedicated number keys.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or have it like the LG Ally have it: dedicated numbers combined with symbols. I think thats better than the way the Droid have it.

I just like that Ally keyboard period....lol

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I love my Droid, but don't use the physical keyboard... And not just because its crappy, I just got used to the virtual. Was hoping the Droid 2 did away with it completely... but I guess there are a lot still out there that prefer it....
dude without the keyboard it wouldnt be an iPhone killer...if u dont like the droid keyboard u should of just gone with another android device like the eris or incredible

Varking

Reaction score
I like the new keyboard better then its current state, but I still feel there is a lot of improving that can be done with time. I don't feel the need to have a caps lock when you can double tap the shift to do the same thing on the current keyboard. Something else can be placed there. What I do really like on the new one though is the voice button. That, I do like a lot.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Backflip_keyboard.jpg

I sure hope so, that blue is yuck lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
dude without the keyboard it wouldnt be an iPhone killer...if u dont like the droid keyboard u should of just gone with another android device like the eris or incredible

I disagree... The Droid is still awesome even though I don't use the keyboard to often. The Eris sucks and the Incredible wasn't out yet when I got my phone. I love the Droid.. your point is not valid...

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

I disagree... The Droid is still awesome even though I don't use the keyboard to often. The Eris sucks and the Incredible wasn't out yet when I got my phone. I love the Droid.. your point is not valid...
come on dude remember the first droid commercial when it said "i dont have a physical keyboard (meaning iphone)...then it said DROID DOES