Motorola Shadow: Would you prefer this keyboard?

spazma7ik

Reaction score
Motorola Shadow is Nexus Two with sliding QWERTY keyboard? -- Engadget

I know this is a mockup, but it just bares so much obvious resemblance to the Droid, I was wondering if you would prefer the D-Pad to be buried in the right side of the keyboard like that?

shadow-1-rm-eng.jpg

hacku

Reaction score
Meh. Physical keyboard is a waste IMHO.

You know, I got the Droid for the fact that is has a physical keyboard, but I've found out that I never use it. Could be the fact that the keyboard is so flat that it makes it really hard to use (coming from a Blackberry Curve), but I have found that I have become accustomed to using the on-screen keyboard and I really like it.

lockman

Reaction score
When I played with the phone in the store, I thought the physical was cool and virtual sucked. But in practice the opposite is true. Virtual is so much faster. But it is still good for games.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
If you also notice, the screen slides more than just half way like the current Droid, this enables them to have a larger (front to back) keyboard. And intigrating the D-pad gives more key width. Overall this gives a much larger keyboard which will also be more user friendly. At first glance a smart design .

natty_lite

Reaction score
I must be among a small minority of users who likes the Droid keyboard. It's not the greatest, but it more than gets the job done. That version (assuming the final product resembles the render) gives me bigger keys, and more usable d-pad. I think it is a very well built phone.

windstrings

Reaction score
I agree.... I've really warmed up to the Droid.... I put the Seidio black case on and like it even better..... really sharp!

I was studying the physical dimensions and I'm not sure we would gain anything by not having the keyboard.... I don't use it either... except to do firmware updates!
I guess its cool to have it its not taking up space.... we may gain a few mm not to have it.
But if someone stole my keyboard, I would never miss it.

jkayner

Reaction score
Why the hell don't phone makers put the Dpad on the left?!? It would make games so much better.

iPirate

Reaction score
That thing looks nasty. What is the little tab for? Looks like a fan rendered it

NVash

Reaction score
I like the physical keyboard. The on screen never much did it for me, even in a hurry I find myself popping out the physical keyboard. Then again, I come from using a Dare and an iTouch. Im about tired of virtual keyboards.

Now this, this... looks like a toy. I kind of like it but I dont like how the mouse is so small and also that its still on the right side. This has already been mentioned but really, is there some secret reason theyre doing this?

Dankinia

Reaction score
If the Droid did not have a physical keyboard, I would still be using my Palm Centro. With my fingernails typing on the touch screen can be a bit of a pain.

It does look like the keys are a little larger on the mock up, but I like the look of the Droid better.