More Motorola Droid 2 Pictures Emerge

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
drioid_2_gizmodo1.jpg

One of my favorite tech blogs Gizmodo was lucky enough to get tipped off with a few more pictures and detailed first impressions of Motorola's next Droid, the Droid 2 (A955). The tipster had a chance to get some hands on time with device while his attending a tech show held at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
It felt really nice in my hand. It seems smoother than the original Droid. A lot more curves and less sharp edges. Held next to my original Droid, it seems exactly the same size The headphone jack, volume buttons, power/sleep button, and the Micro-USB port were all in the same place and pretty much exactly like the original. The camera button is also in the same place, but smaller and the same color as the volume buttons.

Here are a few specs we believe the phone will launch with:

• 1GHz Processor
  • Android 2.2
  • 8GB Internal Memory
  • 8GB Included micro-SD Card
  • D-Pad on Keyboard replaced with Arrows
  • Wider Keyboard
  • Button for Voice Commands
  • No D-Pad on Keyboard
  • 5MP Camera
  • Same Size as the current Motorola Droid

While a release date has not been confirmed, the current rumors suggest sometime this summer. Be sure to check out the entire post here: Droid 2: First Impressions

DasMuse

Reaction score
hmm... i expected more out of this... but the new keyboard is nice

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Is the camera jacked up or are the hardware keys lit up blue? Blue keys? With the branded icon being a RED eye? I can already tell so many people are going to have a fit over this minute detail. :)

pilot25

Reaction score
They have to get with the program and get rid of the stupid "chin"

wmnomore

Reaction score
i wish i could trade my droid for this. in comparing the keyboard, if you look at the delete key, it is all the way over at the end of the screen. on my droid, it is very far from the edge of screen. this means the kayboard is much larger-bigger keys and an easier reach from the right side.
I don't use my keyboard much, but i think i wouldn't avoid it with this.

It also looks like the "chin" (which i don't think is a bad design) is attached to the top slider. this is also a change.

JCo352

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I will not be getting the Droid 2. Too many negatives for me; motoblur and keyboard. I might be getting something HTC the next time around, if they have something without sense on it.

kable

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I will not be getting the Droid 2. Too many negatives for me; motoblur and keyboard. I might be getting something HTC the next time around, if they have something without sense on it.

I use the Droid Moto and the HTC DI and I just rooted my Moto D to Froyo 2.2 and pleased that the Wifi is working on it.

However the speed and feel of the DI has impressed the heck out of me compaird to the moto. I dotn think the moto 2 will compaire to the HTC DI honestly. Also droid 2 does not have 8mp camera, I like the Dpad, and seems like all were getting is a faster processor with the Droid 2 and a new design. Not seeing much of a difference between it and the Moto D first edition.

Happy with my Droid because its rooted and I have Wifi, and also happy with my DI because of the speed and Scenes Function.

However Im not knocking the Droid 2, hell Its still a Droid and the most fantastic invention since Toilet Paper.

pluspeed66

Reaction score
they always change the location on the 4 touch buttons.. another getting use too