Moto Z4 General Discussions

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
When the alarm goes off I have to "wake up" the screen then "unlock it" with my fingerprint, "select the widget" then "cancel the alarm" by deleting the alarm time.

Do you have to go through that process to turn off your alarm?
No, I do not. I can Snooze or Dismiss from my lock screen.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
When the alarm goes off I have to "wake up" the screen then "unlock it" with my fingerprint, "select the widget" then "cancel the alarm" by deleting the alarm time.

Also....just a FYI...that widget is just a shortcut to the standard Android Google Clock app.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

That's how I have to dismiss a Timer, but not an Alarm. Timers have to be deleted, and then started over. Both timers and alarms are part of the same Google Clock app, but have their own tab. Your Google Clock app may be corrupted

tomthbomb

Reaction score
Ok, I deleted the clock widget and reinstalled it. Then restarted the phone for good measure. Then set the alarm for five minutes later and BAM, the Z4 is still sleeping and I have to "wake it up".

Also before the Z4 went into stupid mode, the timer would wake it up and appear on the home screen so a simple touch would shut it down.

I am thinking ether other Z4 owners don't use that widget or no one is reading this forum.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Ok, I deleted the clock widget and reinstalled it. Then restarted the phone for good measure. Then set the alarm for five minutes later and BAM, the Z4 is still sleeping and I have to "wake it up".

Also before the Z4 went into stupid mode, the timer would wake it up and appear on the home screen so a simple touch would shut it down.

I am thinking ether other Z4 owners don't use that widget or no one is reading this forum.

The two other Z4 owners on this Forum do use that widget, and it works OK. If you haven't noticed the total Forum usage / viewing / posting is not what it once was. The widget is just a shortcut to the standard Google Clock app. If there is an app issue it's with your Clock app, not the shortcut widget.

Also...for maximum exposure a new thread would have been better, instead of posting an issue in the "General Discussion" thread.

Last edited:

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Break down... Save... Do a FDR...
almost guarantee this will solve it.
But before you do... Go to strings
Settings, apps, find clock. Delete cache AND data. Try this before a FDR.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks! I think I'll go check out eBay.
Have a wonderful Christmas @Sajo!

Still interested in a Moto wireless charging style shell?

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Still using my z2 but I see the new Moto g power is out
Has anybody tried it how does it compare to z2

I still want a z5 though

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
For all is worth... Updated to Android 10 today. Didn't really think this z4 would get it

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
For all is worth... Updated to Android 10 today. Didn't really think this z4 would get it

Yep, same here. My in screen FPS is acting very weird after the update, but nothing that a factory reset & start over fresh wouldn't cure. Moto said they would give Android 10 to the Z4 and they lived up to that, so kudos to them for keeping that promise.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Jbkaufman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto z4
My phone updated and the app icons returned to circle. The option for changing their shapes seems to be gone too. Any ideas?