Moto Z Force Mods...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I didn't know the Mophie had it's own charging port, kind of like the Moto Turbo Power Pack. Thanks for the clarification @Gudasau. Sorry for my misinformation, I'll blame it on a "grey moment". (starting to forget things as my hair turns more grey)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I have the Incipio Offgrid MotoMod that has Wireless Charging. That one has no Separate Port and Charges through Phone. You can However Charge it Wirelessly I found one day experimenting. I bet any that add Wireless Charging Could. This is handy to charge it on its own.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I don't have a wireless charger yet, so have had to rely solely on charging my Tumi battery while mounted on my phone -- and plugged in. Now, with this new Morphie battery, I can charge it without having to leash my phone.
One of these days I'll take the plunge and move over to wireless charging, but for now, this feature on the new battery mod is kinda cool for those of us still using a cord.
I also like the skin on this Morphie mod. It's grippier and easier to hold.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
In using the Insta-Share projector last night, for 30 minutes or so, the projector got fairly warm. Does anyone regularly use it to watch full length movies, lasting up to 2 hours? I know that you can charge it while mounted to the phone, but will that cause overheating while showing a 2 hour movie?

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The Battery is Supposedly Rated for 1 Hour. I believe there is a Little Fan (Very Tiny) in the Projector to aid with Cooling to some point.
Insta-Share Projector Tear Down.JPG

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The Battery is Supposedly Rated for 1 Hour. I believe there is a Little Fan (Very Tiny) in the Projector to aid with Cooling to some point.
View attachment 78189
So, probably shouldn't run it with the charging cord plugged in to watch a 2 hour movie.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
So Verizon Credited me for 2 of my Orders and shipped me out 2. I have Tumi & Kate Spade Mod both coming with Projectors. The 1st order I did get was only a KS Mod not Projector with it. If I don't get a Projector for it I will probably return it and end up only getting charged $47 for the 2 Mods with Projectors. Not too bad.

Wadman

Reaction score
Has anyone seem this sale at Verizon? How did we not know about this? Buy any regular price Moto Mod and get an Instashare Projector for free. I just bought a Kate Spade battery Mod for $29.99 and got a $299.99 projector for free. Looks like supplies are running low and the projectors are already on "backorder". I'm OK with waiting until January for free stuff (well... almost free).

514da71493be570b4d4d931fd5930e86.jpg

I bought the moto z2 play on december 28th through best buy. Walked into my local verizon store to check out some mods. The rep there told me about this promotion. I thought maybe he was mistaken. Nope. Bought the moto battery mod for about $80 and walked out with a projector. I will say I am 100% impressed with it. It's really clear and crisp. My 2 boys love it. Very cool.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Looks like there are some cool new Mods on the Horizon. A Keyboard Mod and a Health Mod.

New Moto Mod Brings Back the Slider Keyboard
Those are pretty cool! I think the health mod is awesome for folks with medical issues and the elderly. It would be nice if the price wasn't so steep.
I'm trying to figure out if my fingers could work that keyboard. Sure looks cool... A teeny-tiny laptop-looking thing.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The keyboard reminds me of my first Moto Q PDA and the foldout keyboard that I used with it.

Yeah, the Moto Q9m was my first smartphone loved it.
This reminds me of the OG DROID a855. That was a Great phone back in the day. I still have it and it works fine.

Last edited:

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Just spent a half hour on the phone with Verizon today to get them to remove the $246.90, that they wanted to charge me for the "free" Insta-Share Projector, from my bill. The rep was very nice and thorough and got it taken care of. Hopefully, none of the rest of you have this issue.